Chapter 18: No Cracks In The Armor

"There is no way I'm killing Lightning", Anissa replies.

"Why not?", Wardog asks, "It's not like she's your sister or something".

Anissa looks off to the side.

"Or is it?", Wardogs says.

Anissa looks back up to him.

"Oh I see now, you will never fully be on my side because you have friends and family on the other side", Wardog says.

"That's not the case", Anissa says.

"But it is, and it pains me to say this but I'm sorry, we can no longer work together", Wardog says.

He walks over and clicks a button. Suddenly about 5 soldiers come into the room.

"Really?", Anissa says, "You and I both no I can take out everyone in this room and escape".

"Try it and that will be the last time you inhale your breath", Wardog says.

Anissa takes a deep breath.

"Take her to the Meta Ward and put her in the powerless chamber", Wardog says.

"You'll regret this", Anissa says.

"I regret nothing", Wardog replies.

The guards grab Anissa and walk her to the powerless chamber. Anissa nervously sits down on the mattress.

Back at the sanctum Jenn and Brandon fill everyone in with all they know about the phantom zone.

"Ok, so you think Jeff, Lynn, and Gambi are stuck in the phantom zone?", TC asks.

"Yes, they're not answering their phones or emails", Brandon replies.

"Have you tried reaching out to the Crisis Team?", Erica asks.

"Well I don't exactly have The Flash number lounging around", Jenn says.

"I'll find the number for you, and send out an APB on the status of them and the crisis team, for now let's not worry to much about this", TC replies.

"We're talking about my parents here, that's like telling me not to worry about the sun and I'm a vampire", Jenn states.

"I know but....", TC says getting cut off by someone coming down into the Hideout.

When the doors open and emotional Destiny walks out with Kahlil.

"Destiny, what happened?", Erica asks walking over.

"Someone went in and destroyed all the evidence before we could arrive", Destiny replies.

"Not someone, Anissa", Khalil says reaching in his pocket and pulling out her Team Watch.

"How did you get this?", Grace asks reaching for the watch.

"It was laying on the floor perfectly placed so we would see it", Khalil says.

"Why didn't you mention this before?", Destiny asks.

"I didn't want to risk her blowing her cover by us calling out to her and making it known that she left her watch", Khalil says.

"Wait, blow her cover, that would mean she's only pretending to be on his side, to infiltrate his team and see what he's planning", Jenn asks.

"It has to be that, why else would she leave her watch for us to see?", Khalil replies.

"Maybe she just dropped it being a traitor to our team", Grace says.

"Oh come on Grace do you seriously think Anissa switched sides?", Brandon says.