CHAPTER ONE

TITLE: SOUL NO 193

As I drove my car into my residence, I could not but help and marvel at the beautiful moonlight, the cool air from my car air-conditioner fanned my face and I shivered as I remove the keys from the ignition and proceeded to pick my things and get out the car. At that moment a car drove in from the other section and I could see that it was my neighbor driving in, just that moment his pregnant wife came out of the house to welcome him.

"Neighbor! Good evening" he chirped.

" Good evening welcome" I replied warmly just as his wife came down to greet him and she snobbishly avoided greeting me on a scale of 1-10 I was much older than she was but she just has this temerity that since she was married and I wasn't so she was kinda you know imagine the mentality of some women they snob their fellow single women all because they got married. I had friends too and both of them was married and they had never treated me any less.

I locked up my car and I could see that she was all on her husband, kissing and hugging him you know that kind of thing we call it pepper body. I just smirked and muttered under my breath "wahala for who no get husband" and I walked inside my apartment. It was just two duplex and was shared only by us. I had a section they had the other section.\

My mom had always complained about me being unmarried and of course how can I be living alone in a big house like that. For whatever it was I love big spaces and I like being alone although I didn't come from a well-do family but I had worked hard to be where I am now. I have a business which I run ranging from skincare and food. I actually got the job when I met one man Mr Henry then when I was much younger then he was married and his family was overseas and then he wanted who was going to be with him whenever he was in the country, on a normal scale I was not a gold digger but seeing the circumstances of the men whom I had dated earlier none of them wanting to be committed and worse they hardly give me money, I would date a guy for years and he wont spend on me or even if he did it was poor sum something my salary was higher than then. So I decided to take up Mr. Henry's offer but just to be his mistress not marriage, along the line he had a big skincare brand even outside the country so he let me manage and take over one of his branches that he had, with time I had learnt one or two I was dating him and we were travelling round the world but you know men, they are never satisfied and normally a man who could cheat on his wife with me would definitely cheat on me with another woman, gradually, I started learning the scopes, making deals with our overseas partners and slowly opening my own company and also a mini restaurant to run by. After two years I broke up with Mr Henry. Although it wasn't funny he gave me hell but I stood my ground and told him that I was just his mistress not his wife because he had proposed to me thrice on becoming his second wife but I refused pump and plain.

I left him and started my own business gradually it grew and I was making some cool money with it, I bought a house for my parents and stuff. Since I broke up with Mr. Henry over three years Ago. I have been celibate. Stayed clear of men relationship and of course sex. Although good guys have been coming my way, I just find some of them not my type and my friends made fun of me because I decided to be celibate.

I took my bath and came out to the living room to watch some Netflix, just then my stomach rumbled, I went to the kitchen to warm the soup that I had bought from the restaurant on my way back am a lover of home-made foods and why will I order food when I have my own restaurant. As the food warmed I put on my favorite series, then went back to take the food.

Then after eating, I cleared up the dishes washed then then did my night skincare routine and slept off.

The perks of being self-employed you can wake up any time since you are the boss, am not really a morning person.i remember then that I was working for someone, I wake up by 5am everyday and I worked Monday to Sunday only shifts.

"Chai, person don suffer sha, that time I dey wake so early see me now anytime I like I wake " I muttered under my breath as I stretched on my bed as I ruffled the bed covers then I picked my phone. It was Saturday and I didn't want to go to work today because last weekend was so hectic, the restaurant had a catering job so I was there to supervise and Sunday was hectic we had a program in church, of course I go to church I believe in God but I don't believe in love.

As I went to my window to open the window and leave the safety net on, because I had to switch off the AC because of the meter bills. I just pushed the curtain aside and my eyes got a whiff of something, my neighbors at the other side was having sex in their kitchen because the way my room faced it was their kitchen and the kitchen windows was so see-through and the noise they were making. I cringed and left the window, I don't just understand what they are up to, this is not the first time I have seen them doing such thing, the other night around 10pm I just came out at my balcony and I saw them at their own balcony doing it.

"how fa! Where you dey"my friend Andrea's voice boomed out of my phone as I put her on speaker

' I dey na, I dey my house wetin sup?

"everytime you dey ya papa house, you no go come outside shebi na that inside that house you go take dey see husband, person go just dey he no wan come outside"

"na who get money dey comot na " I retorted

"ogun kill you there, all the money wey you get wetin you dey use am do werey"

"wo! Leave me jare! How u dey how my baby Jason and how is your oga"

"Jason is fine, he is sleeping , my husband is doing fine, he travel out self.

"No wonder!" I exclaimed " he no dey around na him make you remember me na

"shut up! Me and you who call pass,

"I don hear"

"ready this evening we dey go on girls night out" she squealed

"hmm don't set me up with any man oo

"it's a dinner just between us friends and besides Awele is in town

"really, and she didn't tell me" I mused.

"she said she will call na she bring up the idea of dinner outside and so what if I want to set you up with a man Thella, that your toto go soon rust oo..if you no grease am1

I burst out laughing " wahala! Who told you that one,

"You need man touch

"I need money touch, once money touch mei go dey wet.

We burst out laughing,