CHAPTER THREE

It was three days down to the trip and I was getting ready in as much as I didn't want to let my friends know but I was happy and prayed that Andrea's husband friend will like me, I am a woman though let me see if I can give this love a chance and it was a two weeks trip so I had to get some things ready and available in the store because I had ordered a new stock of products since the old stock was getting finished and true to his word: two ladies had come by the store to purchase goods worth over three hundred thousand naira and from the looks of it, they will be coming back any time sooner so I needed to restock back and they said they got a recommendation from their sisters fiancée. I smirked as I remembered it , and I was thinking of visiting my parents once we come from this trip, it's been long I saw them and thank God Christmas was approaching soon so I will use that opportunity to go home to see my aged parents . as soon as I was done with the store I decided to go to the restaurant to see if I can supervise some things before going home, my car was in the mechanic, it was having engine problems and I had made a mental note to make sure I pick it up before I leave. I will just park it at home since we will be using flight and thank stars that it was not a road trip because I didn't know how to drive long distance and if the case was like that I will just join anybody in their cars.

I had arrived at the restaurant, it was evening and the night eaters were in the restaurant, business was booming and I smiled and walked straight to the kitchen, some of the staff saw me and greeted me and I nodded and walked to check if everything was okay and spoke to some of the Chefs on duty and I gradually walked to my small office at the end to go through the papers on my table and go through things , I was going the list of ingredients and some stuffs needed when my phone started ringing I picked it up " Hello"

"Thella how fa whats up..

"Um I am fine but sorry who is this who am I speaking with?

"Its me Kenneth, so you have forgotten my voice.

"Hmm, how can I help you!" I retorted.

He laughed ' You never change, you and this your bad mouth , I was calling to know if you can have dinner with me , there is something I want us to talk about!

I rolled my eyes "Kenneth you have a fiancée go out and discuss with her, leave me alone am busy.

He laughed "that's always the problem with you, you assume that's the problem, I have a fiancée that I love so dearly and wont cheat on her for anything, I just wanted us to talk like friends and of course for someone that bought you some customers once you don't think it will business related don't feel yaself Thella,I no wan use you do anything na just talk I want make we talk nothing much but if you don't that's your choice"

I sighed " Fine

"so where are you let me come and pick you up are you still in your shop am around that area I can come pick you.

"No I am not there I am at my restaurant and it's a little bit far from there "I said checking the time and it was 7;40pm and I thought at least before 8:30 pm I will be home so I gat some time to spend. I had rounded up and had told the staff to lock up and given instructions to the manager that I will send him money so they can buy things for the kitchen and stuff. I had walked down a little bit and waited for Kenneth to come I had given him the address, I was a liile bit scared standing alone at the corner with my phones and laptops and afraid of thieves and I inwardly cringed that's why I had a car the disadvantages of not having a car right, just then Kenneth arrived and I hurruiedly entered the cool car.

"You didn't tell you had a restaurant that's good " he said as we drove away " that's good owning to the fact that you were a foodie and a very good cook.

"Thank you"I smiled sheepishly.

" maybe one day I will bring my fiancée over to check it out and by the way we should have just stayed in your restaurant and talked instead of going somewhere else.