Beast High 9

9.

Blair's POV

I pace in the hospital corridor, fuming. Shar sits in a plastic chair, his chin placed in his left hand while his right taps incessently on his knee. Sal and Tom have left, to make sure Derek and Violet didn't get away.

A thousand questions run through my head. Which do I ask first?

"Blair, sit down. Your pacing is annoying."

"Annoying? Me? Well, I learned from the worst." I snap, looking pointedly at him.

"Oh, so it's my fault you skipped school, on the worst possible day, when my parents came to 'visit', now is it?"

I scoff. "You're trying to blame this on me?! I WASN'T THE ONE THEY WERE LOOKING FOR, SHAR."

"Stop shouting. We're in a hospital." He says calmly, as if I was a ten year old.

"I can't believe you're my mate." I growl under my breath.

"I'm your WHAT?" He stands up, his face scrunched up between confusion, shock and outrage.

"Who's shouting now?"

"Blair. Tell me EVERYTHING you know." He whispers angrily, stepping up towards me.

Even though I'm mad at him, I can't help but realize how soft his lips look. Then I realize what I just thought.

I look out a nearby window (generally avoiding his gaze) and blush. "I just know that you're my one true love and all that nonsense. I don't know why I didn't realize it before, though. My mom, she told me about... us."

"Blair... What exactly is Beau to you?" He whispers again, softer this time. I feel him playing with a lock of my hair.

"He's..." I say slowly, turning on my heel. I lean on the window, staring into his eyes, debating internally if I should tell him the truth or lie to him. On one hand, he was my mate, but on the other I realize I don't trust him that much.

I've made up my mind.

"He's my-"

"HEY! Get the hell away from her!" I hear Aleta shout. Laura is there too, clutching her bag like it's a slingshot.

Shar steps away from me, clearly in shock. "What the..."

They run to us. "Ree, there's something you gotta know about this guy!" Aleta says angrily, glaring at Shar. Laur moves away from him.

"Would you rather I say it or would you like to tell her the truth?"

Shar rubs his neck uneasily. "It's true I hid things from you. But first, I want to know what Beau is to you."

"He's..." I start, but I stop as I see the medics push Beau away. I see the blood splattered across the stretcher. "Beau."

Laura collaspes to the ground, eyes brimmed with tears. Aleta falls to the ground and hugs her, sheilding her away from the greusome sight.

I grab Shar's sleeve and his hand automatically goes out to steady me. I wrap my arms around his neck and grit my teeth to hold back the chips that are coming back up my throat. His left shoulder is now soaked with tears.

"Laur!" Aleta cries out. I turn around, one arm still around Shar's neck. I see Laura running after Beau and the medics. Her white dress is now stained with blood-what happened? We run after her.

At the end of the long hallway, a nurse is pushing Laur away from the operation room. Laur's screams float to us. "I'm his fiancee! Let me in!"

We finally reach her and the nervous nurse. "I'm his sister, Blair Wolfe. I can go in, right?" I say.