Beast High 1

"Blair! Ree!"  

I turn around and smile at my best friend, Laura Connelly across the parking lot. She ties her brown hair up into a ponytail with a red ribbon. One of the guys hanging around the lot wolf whistles. She turns to wink at him and I laugh when I see him lick his lips. Laura is one of the hottest girls in school and I'm really not surprised. I'm the one with the legs, but SHE'S the one boys like to see in a bikini on a hot summer's day. But if he thought he has even the slightest chance with Laur, he is SO wrong. We lock arms and walk to the entrance of Beast High together.  

"Have you heard about the new kid? One word- YUM. I call dibs."  

I laugh and nod. "Shar Wate. What is he?"  

Here at Beast High, you'd have to be a monster, or a least related to one, to enroll. I'm a werewolf, and Laura's a vampire. And, no, we don't despise each others stenches. This isn't Twilight, and Jacob is not a werewolf. He's a shifter.  

"I don't know."  

I raise my eyebrows at her.  

"Aleta told me about him. Apparently he has a beach house, all to himself. Good for parties, eh?" She says, waggling her eyebrows. I laugh.  

Aleta is our best friend, a mermaid, and also one of the populars. At that moment, we saw her, leaning on her locker, which is next to mine, listening to her iPod. I call her name, and she looks up and smiles at us. Laura has her's opposite of mine. Me and Laura separate, and walk to our respective lockers.  

Suddenly, someone's arms wraps around my waist. If my brother foun- oh.  

It's just my idiot of a brother, Beau. Beau is a year older, and massively protective of me.  

I slap his chest. "Beau! You scared me half to death! Let go, you ass!"  

He puts his hands up in defense. "Sorry, Ree. But those idiots," he nods at his friends, "over there were looking at your ass. And may I say, it looks fine today?" He says, winking.  

Oh, did I remember to say that he pretends to be my boyfriend in public? I don't mind really. It all started when we had to go to a public cough human cough school for a year, and all the girls there befriended me to get to him. I hadn't really grown into myself yet, and I kept telling myself it wasn't going to be like that at monster school, but in the end chickened out and asked my brother to be my 'boyfriend'. Then, I grew into myself, and well, became popular. I guess, we could have 'broken up', but Beau really didn't like the way his friends were looking at me, so we kept it that way.  

I open my locker, as Beau moves away to lean on the locker next to Laura's. He winks at her and she smiles. They're having this secret affair with each other, that only they -and I- know about. I had walked in on them once, and I assure you, once is quite enough for me to have sleepless weeks. I shake my head, trying to get the image out of my head. I grab my Origins textbook and shove it into my messenger bag, just as my phone starts singing Airplanes. I take it and look at the text.  

Hellno.  

My eyes bulge out of their sockets.  

Beau, Laura and Aleta are shaking me, calling my name, asking me to tell me what was wrong. I'm too shocked to reply in full sentences, but manage out one small word.  

"Dad."

-Note-  

Dun, dun, dun, duuuun. Cliffy! :D Sorry it's so short. But it's 2nd chapter disturbing me.  

Blair Wolfe(Yes, I know, how cliche. But I couldn't think of anything else! XD), 16, tanned, long legs, dark brown curly hair, forest green eyes. Usually wears a plain white t-shirt, denim shorts, a dog collar bracelet and silver flats. In wolf form, she walks on all fours, and has russet fur and forest green eyes. Isn't worried about silver, bullets, or crosses just silver bullets engraved with crosses. Goes hyper on a full moon, and can phase/shift whenever she wants to. Temperature's 108.9 F, and is the only female wolf in her clan.  

Laura Connelly, 16, pale, C cup, chestnut brown straight hair, light pink eyes. Usually wears the school's orange and black cheer leading uniform. Feeds once or twice in a month, and tries to not suck all the blood from her victim. Doesn't really have any superpowers beside super strength and speed. Is the birth child of two vampires and is a full vampire, meaning she doesn't have a drop of human blood about her.