Beast High 5

"Wh-what?"

"I had a fight with my brother. And I have no place to stay."

"Did he kick you out or something?"

"No I moved out."

"Without any clothes?"

"I got my key. I'll take them all tomorrow." I look into his eyes. "Please?"

He hesitates. "Um, sure." He sighs.

I sit up. "If it's a problem with you, I could... Sleep in my car."

He hesitates before asking "No one else?"

"My friends are all staying with their boyfriends tonight."

"And they won't leave their boyfriends for you? That doesn't sound like a friend to me."

"I only have like..." I counted with my fingers. "6 friends."

He inhales sharply. "6? Really? Miss Popular?"

I blush. "Um, it's kinda hard being Miss Popular when they all want to be friends with Blair Wolfe, Girlfriend of Basketball Superstar, than well, Blair Wolfe. 3 of my friends are staying with my brother, who is also my friend. Was my friend, sorry. Then another two are um" I cough "Spending the night together. And the last one's you."

I see his face get darker under the moonlight. Then he shakes his head. "C'mon. It's cold out here." He smiles at me and he pulls out his hand. His crooked smile. Damn, he's hot. I gulp and take his hand. He pulls me up and leads me up the porch stairs, still holding my hand. I blush, glad he's not looking at me, for once.

The porch had two rattan chairs and a table and a grill to the side. Two lighted sconces on the wall, one on each side of a large slide door. He pushed open the slide door and leaded me through his pad, talking me through.

"This is the kitchen, there's food in the fridge if you want, and that's the living room"

"I can sleep here."

He chuckles. "I'm sleeping there. You sleep in the bedroom, aite?"

I blush slightly and nod. He leads me to the bedroom.

Now all the rooms I've seen so far in his little pad was pretty mediocre, but this, this, his bedroom was probably 3 levels up. Hah, who am I kidding. It could be passed for as one of those tropical beach get-aways you see on TV.

The bed was rattan, and it's sheets were white. It's header curved up and held a mosquito net. The walls were snow white and embossed with cream white felt, with a very Victorian pattern. The floor wasn't tiled like the kitchen and living room but beautiful oak panels of wood, and a cream white carpet covering 3/4 of it. One of the walls opened to the waves and a small balcony so I could hear and see the lapping of waves. There was two doors on the wall opposite it, and I assumed it was a closet and a bathroom.

"The door nearest to us is the bathroom and the one nearest to the bed is the closet. Blair? You listening?"

"It's beautiful." I murmur staring at the moon's reflection in the sea.

"What?"

"I love your room. I wish I could stay here forever." I say, distractedly. I slowly turn to him.

"Well, thanks. I'm gonna leave now." He says, smiling crookedly at me. I nod and turn to his bathroom. I had shaken off all the sand from the beach on the porch, so I washed my face. Then I remembered something.

"Shar?" I say peeking my head through the door.

"Yeah?" He says from the couch in the living room.

"Can I borrow your clothes?"

His face darkens and he stands up, saying flusteredly "Oh, yeah. Sure, sure. They are some, um, T-shirts in the closet. I should, should show you, and all and and"

I giggle. He shoots a small but crooked smile at me.

I snuggle into the softest bed on the planet and listen to the sounds around me. Y'know how when you're in a new place it seems as if the world has gotten louder? Well, it would've, but I'm part wolf, so it wouldn't matter. It was loud enough already. I heard the sound of trickling water from Shar's leaky sink in the kitchen, Shar flapping his blanket to make a make-shift bed for himself, and sounds of the game playing on TV, with the volume real low. And other stuff too, but it would probably scare you that I could hear the sounds of sirens 30 miles away, in town. Though the sounds didn't scare me. Like I've lived here for years or something.

It's just past midnight. I creep to the living room silently, in Shar's oversized Kiss T-shirt and a pair of shorts that we're hiding in my messenger bag(Note to self; I need to organize my stuff), knowing that Shar was asleep. I lifted him(was I supposed to have superstrength during human form? I really don't know.) and carried him to his bed.

While I tucked him in, I debated the pros(I'm tired, and the bed is super comfy, and he'll probably get mad at me for not sleeping there) and cons(he'll be real shocked when he wakes up, unless of course I wake up before him) of sleeping next to him. Finally, I give in and snuggle up next to him.

His warmth envelopes me, and I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.