Beast High 11

Beast High 11

"Brrng."

A soft ring wakes me from my sleep. Judging from the fact that Jason is still hacking off heads of horny teenagers on my DVD player, I haven't been asleep long.

I pick up the phone.

A low grunt greets me. "Kill for mommy."

I shriek, dropping the phone, which lets out a loud chuckle. I cautiously pick the phone up from the floor. "H-hello?"

The laughs continue. "I'm... I'm sorry, I just- Hah -I was just wondering if- if you wanted anything for lunch?"

"Not funny Shar. I'm under house arrest."

"What? It's not like your mom put up some spell that won't let you out of the house. I mean, you can sneak out right? I mean, if you wanted to."

"Well, yeah, I suppose. Are you coming over?"

"Yep. Do you want some take out?"

"Sure. Could you get Kung's chicken rice for me?"

"Mmkay. See you. Oh, and Blair?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm your friend to the end."

"Wrong movie Shar." I slam the phone down. I turn around to climb back into my bed and finish the stupid Friday the 13th marathon.

And who else would be waiting in the doorway but Jason?

Nah, I'm kidding. It's just Dad in a hockey mask....

I scream.

And jump out of bed! I pant, sweat dripping down my forehead. The Friday the 13th marathon is still on though.

Shar bursts through the doorway, with a bag from Kung's Chicken Kitchen(dare you to say that 5 times fast). "You okay?"

I nod and take a gulp of water from the bottled water on my bedside table. "Bad dream." He sets the plastic bag on my lap and kisses me on the cheek. I unwrap the plastic. "Hey, Kung's chicken rice. My favorite." I smile at him but all he does is stare back.

"Blair, I called and you told me to buy it."

"No, I was dreaming that..." I frown. How could he?

He sits up and puts his hand to my forehead. "No fever. What was that dream about?"

"I woke up to take your call, we talked and when I hung up, Dad was behind me, in a hockey mask."

"You watch waay too much horror movies."

"It's hard not to seeing as I'm a werewolf."

"Maybe you have some magic super werewolf powers or something."

"You make me sound like I'm a comic book character."

"Look, my Dad taught me about this." He lays his head on my lap, picking out a cucumber from my Styrofoam and takes a bite. "It's most likely you're a freaky freak." He smiles.

I pat his head hard. "Aren't you a smart little knowitall. Asshole."

He laughs.

"Where is Beau when you need him?"

"Called, baby sis?" Beau's head pops through the doorway.

"I need to get out."

"No way, no how, no where, no why."

"Duuude, which place would Dad think to look first?" I gesture to the room. Beau scratches his chin. "No duh, Einstein. If you were Dad, and you were locked in the house with me, wouldn't you think it'd be easy pickings?" I start chomping down the chicken rice.

Shar puts his hand in his pockets, and sways on his heels. "She's got a point. I mean, if your life was a horror movie," he gestures to the Jason marathon "you wouldn't go upstairs, because you know(italic) that the serial killer would get you there, aite?"

"You two are too logic for your own goods. No wonder you're mates." Shar glares. I glare back. We're doing this for about 5 minutes, and all the while I'm chomping down on my chicken. He loses, and sighs. "Fine- but for only one day. Besides, it's your ass." He leaves, and I grin at Shar.

"So, what should we do?"

Suddenly a shout erupts from downstairs. "Laur!"

Shar and I run down the stairs. My mother meets us at the landing. "Laur's water broke- Beau's sending her to the hospital."

I nod. "Can I go?"

She sighs. "Later. We don't want your father showing up to take both you and the kid at the hospital." She leaves the room, and outside I hear her car speed out of the driveway.

I look up at Shar. He sighs but shakes his head, ignoring my plea to go to the hospital. "Come on. You wouldn't want your newborn niece or nephew in harm's way, do you?" I shake my head. "Good- now come on, I bet there's lots of stuff to do in your room." He winks.

I laugh. "I've exhausted all means of entertainment in my first week of house arrest- what's there to do?"

He kisses my cheek. "There's lots of things we could do." He waggles his eyebrows and I giggle at his comment. I follow him up the stairs. Maybe there is something to do after all.