Survive

Gonna be a bit of a shorter chapter. Only around 2300 words. But trust me we are only getting started.

Izuku walked out of the portal and was hit with a breeze of fresh air. Izuku took a deep breath and looked around. He was on a large with mostly oak trees covering the land as far as his eyes could see, only a few birch trees sprinkled across the land.

To his back, there was the ocean, and in front of him was a mountain. Everything had a blocky shape to it, even though the edges were round and not sharp. It was a bit disorienting, but Izuku didn't think it looked unnatural per se. It was just...different.

''I can go to the beach or I can go to the mountain,'' Izuku said to himself. In the end, he couldn't decide; deciding to lie on the grass Izuku noticed things he hadn't noticed before.

At the bottom of his field of vision was the hot bar, health bar, food bar, and exp bar just like in Minecraft. He sat up and wanted to see what would happen if he tried to touch them. Nothing happened when he touched the health, food, and exp bar. However, when he touched his hot bar, his hand was engulfed by the inventory.

Izuku started to freak out and retracted his hand. Luckily it was in one piece. He sighed in relief and pressed the three little dots on the end of the hot bar.

''I play on PC. Weird I have the mobile dots? I mean I guess it makes sense. I don't exactly have an E-key.''

Izuku also noticed that he had a book attached to a belt on his hip.

''What's this? Don't remember Steve having a book.''

Izuku grabbed it and flipped through a few pages, but it was empty.

''Did my quirk glitch or something?''

Izuku sighed and got up. ''Let's go to the beach. Don't think Minecraft has waves so I should be good.'' Izuku started walking to the beach and spent hours running in the sand, building sandcastles, playing in the water, and enjoying the warmth of the sun. At one point he returned to the forest and started playing in the trees.

Eventually, it turned nighttime.

''Oh, some mobs should be spawning right now. I should leave.'' Izuku looked at his Hotbar and around his vision; he tried to see where the save and exit option was. ''Hey, how do I get out of here?'' Quickly he tried to exit and give voice commands. He tried everything he could think of.

But it was for nothing because mobs spawned. From below Izuku a decaying and dark green, almost black, a hand shot out from the ground right next to his foot.

Then another. Then from the ground burst a tall, but more importantly dead, human body. Its skin was the same green as its arms, pieces of flesh were gone and exposed its flesh and bones, and its eyes were lifeless, devoid of any thought or emotion.

At that moment Izuku thought back to one of the occasions he streamed Minecraft.

There has been a divide in the chat about whether or not Minecraft would be scary in real life. Izuku thought it would have been somewhere in the middle, but a chat member brought up a good point.

Izuku thought it over. ''Yeah. I guess Minecraft would be pretty scary in real life.''

Izuku stumbled backward.

''You're alone.''

Izuku fell on his ass and looked up at the towering figure.

''There are monsters everywhere.''

Izuku got up and started running, noticing dozens of zombies emerging from the ground as well as skeletons.

''And they're all hunting you.''