Chapter 1 - Do You Believe In Miracles? (1)

Starlight High.

It's a school with a long past, many students have walked through these halls before, and many more will in the future. Despite how often it's changed, one thing that's stayed the same are students flooding the halls trying to make it to their next class on the first day of school.

Though, it's in these halls where we find two people standing by their lockers, chatting with one another. One of them was Ronnie Everst; a black kid with a slightly muscular build, brown eyes, and a duke hairstyle. He's wearing a blue ripped jean jacket over a red shirt, brown sweatpants, and red converse shoes.

The other is Marcus Veridan; a white kid with messy brown hair, a very skinny body, and brown eyes. He's wearing a long-sleeved white t-shirt underneath a black vest jacket, blue jeans, and white sneakers.

"So lemme get this straight," Ronnie asks curiously, "You, Marcus Veridan, want to start a club?"

"Yeah," Marcus says as he rummages through his locker, "Is there an issue with that?"

"No no," Ronnie says, "I just didn't expect this from you."

"Yeah, I just wanted to start off high school right," Marcus says as he is still searching through his locker, "Though it'll be nice if we had a president for the club."

"Yeah, I've gotta find some way of keeping myself busy," Ronnie reflects.

Marcus side-eyes him before Ronnie admits, "I was kidding! I was kidding! I was already going to join when you brought it up."

"Glad to hear that," Marcus remarks.

"By the way what even is the club about?" Ronnie asks.

"Oh! I was thinking we can call it The Paranormal Investigations Club," Marcus suggests.

"We'll have to workshop that name a bit but I'm certain we'll have people begging to join the club in no time flat!" Ronnie declares as he gives a thumbs-up to Marcus.

THE MIRACLE CLINIC

A week has gone by, and yet the two friends sit all by themselves at their 'club' meeting. They're in a classroom both feeling deflated since nobody else showed up. The only other people in the classroom are a teacher, a kid still working on a test, and another student working diligently on some homework.

"Nobody's even shown up," Marcus Veridan murmured as he rested his head on his arms, "What was I thinking, this was a stupid idea."

"Hey don't worry about it too much man. Who needs other people anyways, it's just gonna be us against the world" Ronnie began as he looked over toward the teacher, "has anyone seen our flyers Mr. Amnestor?"

The man Ronnie was looking towards was Aken Amnestor, one of the school's history teachers. Amnestor has a bit of a stubble on his face, white skin, a chiseled chin, glasses over his tired eyes, is in his mid-40s, and has black hair with some gray patches showing. The teacher is also wearing a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. Mister Amnestor looks up from the papers he was grading and looks toward Ronnie.

"I've handed a few out, but to be frank I don't think these are really helping your cause," Amnestor states matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean?" Ronnie asks.

Instead of responding, Mister Amnestor sighs before opening up a drawer in his desk. He reaches into the drawer and grabs a stack of defiled flyers for the club. Ronnie grabs a few at them and starts to read them out loud.