Chapter 3 - Do You Believe In Miracles? (Finale)

Aken Amnestor sits grading some papers inside the teacher's lounge of Starlight High. As he flips through them, he hears a fellow colleague enter the room. Amnestor glances over to see that the person who entered is one of the school's teaching assistants, Ray Ramirez. Ray is a very tall Hispanic man with long black hair tied up into a man bun, amber eyes, and an extremely muscular physique. Currently, he's wearing a long-sleeved purple button-up, formal black pants tied with a brown belt, and brown dress shoes.

"Mister Ramirez good to see you," Amnestor exchanges pleasantries before asking, "Did you happen to find the papers I was looking for?"

"Yeah, I had to go to the middle school just to get them," Ray Ramirez groaned, "they said it was 'too hard to email them'."

Ray hands the papers to Amnestor, Amnestor glances at them before setting them down on his desk to look at later. As he does so, Ray Ramirez opens up one of the windows to let in the nice autumn breeze. Though as he does so, he can't help but spot something odd going on.

"Looks like there's a fight going on in the park," Ray remarks casually.

"Is there now?" Amnestor says uninterestedly, however, his tone changes when he actually realizes what Ray said, "Say that again?!"

THE MIRACLE CLINIC

"And that's what happens when you put spaghetti in a washing machine," X tells Marcus & Elizabeth, "Yeah, they fucking hated me for a while."

"That's great, X, but now is not the time!" Marcus yells.

"What why?"

"Because those two are fighting!"

Marcus, Elizabeth, & X are all standing in the park and are watching as Alex throws jab after jab at Ronnie while Ronnie tries to evade them.

"Oh yeah, that's right," X says as he makes sure his phone is still recording the fight.

While the fight between the two continues to play out, Alex can't help but recall his past, ever since he started getting boxing lessons, there always were people trying to take him down a notch.

In middle school it was the president of the chess club he was in, then it was the older brother of someone who was in the basket weaving club he also was in at the time, and then more folks just kept coming. So who was he to not give them what they were clearly begging for?

And so he fought all the people who challenged him, it didn't matter where he was.

In the school gym? Easy.

During basketball practice? That was a slam dunk for him.

In the locker room while he was changing? Took a while but he got it done.

Soon enough people began to take notice of his skills that they started to place bets on his fights, so he decided to lean into it more and more, gaining some decent money doing so. Though compared to all of those fights from before, this one was different.

Where everyone would always go for an attack whenever they could, Ronnie's mostly focused on defense and evading Alex's punches.

"What, you still not really committed to the fight?" Alex questions before going for a straight punch, "Oh well..."

Instinctively, Ronnie moves backward to avoid the hit, however in doing so he presses his back up against a tree. Seizing the opportunity, Alex gets up in close for an uppercut.

"Your funeral," Alex remarks as the uppercut lands.

Ronnie's head recoils backward from the blow, though while taking the hit, his hands grasp onto Alex's shoulders.