Chapter 4 - Do You Believe In Miracles? (Epilogue)

Author's Note: Hi there, it's me Preston108, the creator of this series. I just wanted to leave this to let you know that I'm really glad you guys seemed to enjoy the start of The Miracle Clinic. I hope to continue to bring quality stories to you guys regularly! Now to explain what this chapter is, basically this chapter is just 4 mini-chapters (or Sun Shorts as I call them) that are here to either help transition us from this storyline to a new one or just for fun. I hope you guys enjoy them!

SUN SHORT #1 - Trouble Maker

Inside the teacher's lounge of Starlight High, the faculty are all at work after a long day of teaching. One such teacher is Aken Amnestor, who sips some coffee while he finishes working on a few emails. While doing so, two other teachers make their way over to Amnestor. The first is one of the school's math teachers, Wilsten Jefferson, an old white man with wrinkly skin, balding gray hair, and brown eyes. He's also wearing a blue button-up that needs to be ironed, a fancy watch on his wrist, and formal black dress pants. The other is the school's culinary teacher, Zesti Champion. She's a recent hire in her early 20s with white skin, dirty blonde hair tied up into a bun, green eyes, glasses with a red rim, and freckles. She's currently wearing a dark brown all-over patterned sweater over a white undershirt, blue jeans, and black boots.

"So, heard you're hosting a new club," Jefferson remarks, "Must be a pain with having less free time."

"What can you do, if it helps the kids learn then I don't see too much to complain about," Amnestor remarks.

Clearly not getting the answer he was hoping for, Jefferson scoffs before he makes his way to his desk. Zesti Champion, still curious, continues on the conversation.

"How has it been overseeing the club?" Zesti Champion asks.

"For the most part pretty simple," Amnestor replies bluntly, "They just got a new member so that might make things more lively. Though I am a bit wary of one thing."

"What's that?"

"Well, when the middle school heard that Ronnie Everst was joining my club, they wanted to send over an incident report," Amnestor states before opening his desk, "I had Ramirez fetch it for me."

Amnestor pulls out several papers from his desk all regarding Ronnie Everst. Some are letters from previous teachers, some are about an incident that occurred when he attended middle school, though the one that catches Zesti's eye is a highlighted note. A note that states:

'Do not let Ronnie Everst & Hunter Huntingson interact, they should never be in the same classroom.'

________________________

Ray Ramirez is writing down a triangle on the chalkboard. He's standing in a lone classroom overseeing detention for a single student.

"Now then," Ray points to the board, "If the first angle is 65 degrees, and the second is 75 degrees, what would be the third degree on the triangle?"

Ray looks over at the lone freshman to see he's barely giving him the time of day. The rebellious freshman has white skin, a couple of bandaids on his face, brown eyes, and spiky brown hair. The teen also has on a white t-shirt underneath a black leather jacket, black pants, dirty red converse shoes, and he has some sports tape badly wrapped around his fingers. Lastly, there's an all black backpack next to his seat which has a metal baseball bat sticking out of it.

"Listen kid," Ray Ramirez scolds, "Both of us don't want to be here, but you're the one who got in trouble. So you can either answer the problem and make both of our jobs easier, or we can be silent. Your call, Hunter."