Chapter 15: Daddy?

Peter stood in the clearing surrounded by tall trees, and the only sound was the thud of his axe against the log. He had been working for hours, the sun beating down on his back, but he didn't mind. He enjoyed the physical labor, the exertion, and the satisfaction of a job well done.

As Peter swung his axe, he thought about his Maria waiting for him at home. She was probably still reading that book quietly in her beanbag. Suddenly, the sound of the nearby church's bell rang out, breaking Peter's concentration. It was the bell from the nearby church, signaling the end of the workday. Peter wiped his brow and picked up the pieces of wood he had just split. He stacked the wood and grabbed his tools, making his way back to the lockers.

As he walked, he enjoyed the peace and quiet of the forest, the rustle of leaves underfoot, and the chirping of birds in the trees. Peter felt content and grateful for his job, his health, and his girlfriend, Maria. He wiped some sweat from his forehead. It was a hot day, and he had been working hard.

The door made a rusty creak as he opened it. "They should really oil these doors," he thought as he went inside. "Maybe one day."

He began walking back to the lockers, high-fiving a co-worker as he passed. "Great work out there, Darrell," he said with a laugh as he high-fived a very gruff-looking man with a gentle personality. Then, he pushed open the locker room door.

He wiped some sweat from his brow with a rag around his neck. Sweat was dripping down his face, and his shirt was drenched. He turned and pulled up his shirt, the locker room door swinging open simultaneously.

"Peter, are you- Oh."

He quickly turned, his eyes locking with Maria's. "I... I... Maria... I..." Peter stammered.

Maria's face turned bright red. She knew Peter worked out but never realized how ripped he really was. He sure never acted like he had a lot of muscle. She easily brought him to his knees whenever she pushed on his shoulders slightly.

He just seemed to be far too easily pushed around to have that physique, but then again, it was well-known that he was somewhat submissive, which Maria often took advantage of and probably how they even managed to meet.

His shoulders and chest were broad, and his forearms looked like they could crush a watermelon with ease. His abs, if you could call them rocks abs, were well-toned. He was so finely tuned that it was like his abs had abs. It didn't make sense when paired with his personality.

Peter grabbed his necklace, a gold locket Maria gave him, from a shelf in his locker and clipped it on. "So why were you for calling me, Vee?" Peter questioned as he fixed his hair in the mirror on his locker door.

"I... uh... heh... um... I don't know anymore..." Maria stammered, her eyes drawn to his concrete-hard pecs. She just couldn't take her eyes off them for some reason.

Maria couldn't wrap her head around how muscular he was with such a soft appearance. How could he be so gentle with so much strength?

Why was he always getting pushed around? It didn't make any sense. He could easily stand up for himself if he tried.

"Let me just get on a shirt and then we can try to figure it out," Peter said, opening up his locker again. "Sorry for the whole shirtless thing."

Maria blushed more, running a hand through her hair and parting it behind her ear. "I... It... It's fine..."

She couldn't remember the last time something had left her this speechless. She had a sneaking suspicion, though, that it was probably Peter the last time, too.

Peter muttered something as he looked in the locker. He turned around again, frustration on his brow.

"Dammit! I forgot my shirt." He said, grabbing his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He walked over to Maria and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Her heart felt like a puddle as she rested her head on his shoulder. His arms were so sturdy that she felt like a baby in a warm blanket.

As they walked together, Maria could hardly think. Her only thoughts consisted of Peter and his muscles. She knew he was talking, but not a single word was getting through to her flustered brain.

Peter continued talking to her, blissfully unaware of how flustered she was. "... As long as your dad-"

"YOU CAN BE MY DADDY!!" Maria shouted and then blushed while covering her mouth. Turning red after realizing she said it aloud.

"...is fine with-- Wait...wait... what?" Peter said, his head turning in confusion. Peter's brain suddenly stopped, and his cheeks burned.

Maria's cheeks grew redder as she hid her face in her hoodie. "I... uh..." she stuttered. "Shut up!" She pulled the strings on her hoodie, blocking her face, which was burning with embarrassment.

Peter was staring at her, his brain still hardly working. His cheeks were still bright red. "I... um... yes, ma'am." He muttered while looking at the ground.

Maria stamped her foot dramatically, "Ma'am?? It's Vee!" She said with an exaggerated expression of betrayal; even despite being so flustered and red-faced, she was still trying to be the dominant one.

Peter laughed and kissed her cheek. "Maybe just don't call me Daddy around your dad, though, Vee."

Maria turned red again, and she punched his shoulder jokingly. "I'll call you whatever I want, Red."

Peter smirked and booped her on the nose. "Who you calling red, Strawberry Shortcake?"

Maria opened the door to her house and let Peter in. "You know those work boots add extra inches!" She joked with Peter, her face red as a tomato while she tried ignoring it.

They walked down the hallway and went into Maria's room, then closed the door after entering.