Forever?

Pratik

Whatever my mother told Nishant made him take a break from me. He didn't contact me but whenever we met for a project or a group meeting, he met me like a friend. I even tried getting a reaction out of him by flirting with another guy but he remained unfazed.

A**hole.

It has been two weeks now.

My brain urged me to explore things with other guys. "This is the perfect time, go out there and explore your sexuality." A tingly voice echoed in my head.

Tring tring! My phone buzzed in my pocket and it was Tushar. I picked up his call.

Nishant

"Ek hafte ke liye chhorne ko bola tha na uski maa ne?" Akshara said with her heavy accent while taking her heels off.

"Yaar but aise nahi hota na mereko zyada lamba break lena hai and usko karne dena hai jo usse krna like an adult. Karle jo karna hai let me be phir aajyega mere paas without any regret ki explore nahi kar paya cheeze." I said to her knowing very well she wouldn't agree. All of this was too modern for her, I didn't expect her to be not homophobic as well but people do surprise you.

"Nishu explore vexplore hum nahi samjhte, tum hi hava paani zindagi bann jate ho uske jo tumse pyar karey. Gay ho bisexual ho kuch bhi ho, pyar toh sabke ek samaan hi hota hai, woh pyar karta hai na tujhse?" She asked while she sat comfortably on the sofa and I remained standing as I was stunned to listen her words.

"H-he does. I know he does." I said with determination. I might have fumbled a little but it was from the shock of what she said to me not that I doubted my man.

"Toh bss, jitna bhi usko mauka dedo woh kahi aur dekh hi nahi payega. Aur teth bhasha mein bolu toh uska khada hi nahi hoga kisi aur k liye." She laughed and I sat on the floor.

"Kya bolti hai Akshara!" I laughed so hard.

The fact that I didn't feel any attraction towards other people as well even the hottest actors I have had a crush on seemed less beautiful than my man was evidence enough but did he also feel this? Is everyone's experience of love universal as Akshara suggests?

Pratik

"Finally you agree to see me." I said to Nishant who came smiling to meet me at a cafe.

Literally wanted to wipe that smile off with violent kisses and ask him why not smiling anymore?

"I think we should end this drama-- chal wapis sath aajate hai mere se nahi ho rha hai aur four weeks passed, mera tbyat kharab ho rha hai sacchi." He said and I was stunned. All this for nothing? Am I experimental rat!

"Very easy." I said sighing.

"Do you want to tell me something? I know tune kuch kia nahi hoga mere peeche anyways." He said smiling but the smile faded instantly when he saw Tushar pat my back.

"The ring fits perfect, your choice is amazing!" He flashed me his ring. It truly looked beautiful and I got a little emotional seeing it.

"WHAT THE FU-" Nishant stood up and Tushar hugged him.

"You are instrumental in this, you are my best friend. Shaadi mein aana hai ab thik hai?" He said.

Nishant's eyes welled up, Tushar was super confused but I understood what his dumb brain must have assumed.

"Baby, idhar aa." I side hugged him tightly. By this time Tushar also caught a whiff what must be going on so he said, "I am getting married to the girl of my dreams, Pratik helped me select a ring and how he helped in a different is a story for him to tell you. Chalo you both talk, main phir seedha shaadi pe miluga Nishu. Take care."

"Samjh aya?" I whispered and kissed his cheek. Goddamn sukoon to hold him and have his soft skin be touched by my lips.

"I knew I knew but darr lagg gya. Like seedha shaadi, that's crazy..." Nishant said while he kept holding my hand and facing me directly.

"He did say he was okay to try some sexual stuff with me... But mera... Khada hi nahi hua. I wasn't into it, aisa kabhi nahi hua insane hai yeh bro, I went ahead and tried with another girl vaha pe nahi hua, I was like kharab ho gya hai kya!" At this point he was laughing along with me, I continued, "Then I imagined you... Straight, hard rock, I had to help myself then imagining you then it became a regular addiction and very sad because I could just have you but--"

"I am so sorry your mom got into my head and this was super stupid." Before I could say more he smacked my ass while biting his lip, classic Pratik Sehajpal.

"Nahi koi baat nahi badha hi annoying tha but very eye opening. Maybe we needed this final straw of doubt to fall and prove each other that we are made for each other. This time you didn't get jealous in some unhealthy way like in the past and neither did I do something stupid because of how you behaved with me. We both were stable, had faith in eacg other and worked it out smoothly. I actually didn't think yeh possible bhi tha!" I said and smiled to myself thinking maa sab jaanti hai.

"Well, since we have established your addictions with imagining me to get off how about you use some of reality based action for better results?" He said looking in my eyes and loosening a button of my shirt. Yep, this is the cue to leave the cafe. We walked out from the back, he didn't understand why but he followed me.

"You know, Tushar didn't just get a ring for himself." I said and he looked perplexed.

"Wtf he bought you a ring too?" Nishant is still very dumb.

I got down on my knees and presented the love of my life the ring I bought for him, "Marriage isn't possible for us yet but I want you to know that I consider you my everything already. I spent all the weeks thinking of having a memento of us which we could carry everywhere, there are two rings in the box, see."

He picked up the rings, he saw the carving inside "Pratik" and "Nishant"

"Humare naam hai--" now tears fell from his eyes freely.

"Tu mere naam ka pehnega and main tera just as it should be, meri jaan." I said and slid the ring in his finger and gestured him to do the same.

He laughed, wiped his tears away, and slid the ring on my finger. "We can't be wearing them openly always tho' " he said.

"Ring box mein chain bhi hai usmein daal sakte hai and pendant ki tarah pehen sakte hai. Dil k paas hona chahiye bas ring, chahe ring finger se heart ko jaata nerve ho ya Directly touching your chest. Baaki tere dil mein toh hu hi na?" I asked, and he kissed me. He was kissing me with meaning. I melted against his soft lips. And then I'm suddenly wrapped up in his arms, He kisses me like his life depends on it, and now I know that it does. It's the same for me, so I kiss him back just as passionately, as relief, desire, and happiness fill me from the inside out. "Let's get out of here, and begin our forever!" I whispered and he nodded.