The More We Come to Know

"Alright then," Loki answered staring up at you from the floor. "Do you have a favorite... color?"

You grabbed the gymnast bar not far away from your ledge and swung down. Dangling from the ceiling. "Not that I can think of."

"Why?"

"It's never been too important to me."

"Everyone has a favorite color."

"I know that. I just can't think of one for me." You shrugged. "Maybe it will come to me later."

"I suppose so."

You looked down at him with a smile. "What about you?"

"Do I not make it obvious enough?"

You quietly laughed. "I guess you do. But you have to say it. That's how the game works."

Loki chuckled, looking up at you as he watched you jump around above. "Very well, my creature." He folded his book and set it aside. "Green. A dark forest green being my personal favorite."

You shrugged. "Figures." You tucked your legs and pulled yourself up to sit upwards on the bar still looking down at the god sitting below you. "My turn?"

"Indeed."

"Okay then. Favorite... book?"

"From which Realm?"

"Hm. Good question. I've never had to think about it." you raised your brow. "One... from your home and one from mine? For now."

Loki nodded and looked away as if thinking deeply about the subject. "Most things from Shakespeare from your home. And fortellinger om demoner og guder from mine."

"In Asgardian?"

"The most elegant way of reading the text, yes," Loki slightly smiled to himself as his eyes remained on the book. "It is."

"And what does it mean?"

"Loosely translated, Tales of demons and gods. It was a children's tale from my youth."

You smiled at him below. "It sounds horrifying."

He chuckled. "It was."

You jumped from your ledge and onto a bar, hanging from it in an attempt to build your grip. "So... how many languages do you speak?"

"Is it not your turn to answer the question, my creature? Your favorite book?"

"This is a continuation of the last question. Doesn't count." You teased with a wink, jumping back to your ledge and leaning over the side. "So, how many?"

Loki slyly chuckled, bowing his head. "More than you could possibly name."

"Huh." You pondered aloud. "What about extinct languages? Ones we wouldn't know."

"Bits and pieces of a few from Midgard. But enough to understand." He looked up at you and tilted his head to the side. "Do you know any other languages?"

"Un peu de français. C'est malheureusement à peu près tout."

"Fluent I see."

"Fluent enough." You answered, leaning over the edge. "One of my foster family's only spoke French in the home. Ex-Canadians."

"Ah."

"I picked up just enough to hold a simple conversation before I left."

"Then perhaps we could take some of our never-ending free time to teach you another." He grinned materializing a book out of thin air and flipping through the pages. "What about Asgardian?"