Catnip and Cream

"Is this crazy? This is crazy. I'm definitely crazy."

You paced back and forth in your room speaking to yourself and trying to keep ahold of your sanity. Your hands shook unintentionally. A weird thing you had have since you were a child. They would just shake. And you just had to give this crazy speech! Give him a chance, you said and all that other bullshit. Stuff you genuinely believed but couldn't exactly remember why you said it.

Everything was an odd blur. You saw the guy, he pet your fur, you became human, and you defended him. No harm in that. Do you believe every word you said? Mostly. Did you immediately regret it once you realized that the person you were talking about was a supervillain and had taken an odd interest in you and you took an odd interest in him and that could be seriously dangerous for everyone on the team including you?

no.

AND THAT'S WHAT FREAKED YOU OUT!

You didn't regret it. Not one bit. Every instinct in your body told you to defend him and you did. You wanted to go see him. Your entire brain was literally drawn towards the stupid Norse god down the hall but your stupid body refused to walk out your door. Now here you are pacing in your room trying to gain the courage to face him.

"You're being a wuss. He won't hurt you. And if he tries, you can kick his ass." You repeated to yourself. "I can't go like me. He doesn't know me. If... no no no, when I go, I should be the kitten. He invited the kitten not you."

You had convinced yourself. You were going to see him. With one final deep breath, you shifted into a black kitten as your body shrank, claws formed, and fur grew all over your body. You combed your fur back with your paw as you reassured yourself that you had indeed done the right animal.

'Meow'

You pushed yourself through the crack in your room and trotted down the halls in order to reach the room Tony was talking about earlier. You did your best to avoid the others as you knew they would stop you. After a few twists and turns and an unfortunate incident with the elevator, you were standing in front of his door.

This is stupid. This is stupid. This is stupid.

You screamed over and over in your head.

Stupid or not, I'm doing this.

You scratched at the bottom of the door trying to get some sort of answer. Nothing. You jumped up and fiddled with the handle trying your best to do something before his voice came through the door.

"Thor, I will gladly relieve you of both of your eyes if you do not stop bothering me,"

'Meow'

Not even a second later, the door became cracked open just enough for you to slip inside. Pushing your way through the door you saw him lying on the bed with a book in his hands. "I was wondering when you were going to come." He said without looking up from his book. He seemed to pay no attention to you. "I almost considered placing some catnip outside my door to lure you."

Ass.

You sat on the floor looking up at him as he continued to read. "However when I realized that wasn't your true form I decided against it." He closed his book and sat up looking down at you. "Why did you come? Hm? I'm sure the others advised you against it."

I can't answer you dummy

"I suppose you can't answer me in that form." He said as if he could read your thoughts. Could he read thoughts? God, you hoped not. "And I don't suppose you will change into yourself." You just stared at him blankly. "No, I didn't think so."