Chapter 28: "Photograph"

"You know what the actual plan was when you last visited?" Tom asked her a bit later.
"Let me guess, you didn't mean to break my heart."
"I had it all mapped out in detail – I wanted to have a candle light dinner with you, go for a little stroll and tell you that I love you the day after that happened."
Jules looked at him. "Well, I'd say we got lucky here that we were fighting before we got together. I think it would've hurt even more had we already been a couple then."
"Oh yeah, definitely!"
She suddenly smiled. "But ...we can still have that candle light dinner. Just give me a moment." She left the room for a second and made the call. "Right, babe, table for two at half past six."
"Nice", he replied.
"And afterwards, I'll have you for dessert!" she purred. Whatever Tom had been doing with his hand earlier had sort of turned her on.
He grinned. "I certainly won't mind." He also sensed that this time, their evening wouldn't end with just kisses and cuddles.

Jules parked her Fireblade outside the restaurant and killed the engine. She had hardly been able to wipe that grin off her face as soon as Tom had wrapped his arms around her waist to hold on to her. He held her hand while she got off the bike: "You ride really well!" The second he had uttered those words he realized the innuendo in them.
Jules started giggling right away as she of course had caught it as well. "Well, I think we should ...wait with that."
"Oh my God!" he laughed and kissed her.

"Remember when we had our first 'date'?" he asked a while later, when they were seated at their table.
"Oh yeah ... and look at us now – two astronomically silly idiots in love."
"I love being silly with you", he grinned.
"So do I, Tom. I love every single second with you." She reached for his hand and caressed it. "And most of all, I love you!"
"I love you, too. More than words could ever say." He smiled at her.

Tom had paid for their dinner, as he had insisted, and now they were standing outside the restaurant, helmets placed on Jules's Fireblade, both in a tight embrace and kissing passionately. "Tom, I ...think I ...would like my dessert", Jules sighed.
"I like the way you think", he whispered. "But don't speed!"
"Don't worry, I'll get us back safe."

They got on the elevator and rode up to Jules's loft. During the ride, they barely could keep their hands off each other, their kisses becoming more and more demanding, their lust almost unbearable. "I ... want ... you", she pressed.
"Same", he groaned.
Jules only somewhat managed to open the door. They placed the helmets down, then kicked off their shoes and continued with their jackets, dropping them in heaps on the floor. "God, Tom ..." Jules panted.
"I ... know ..." he replied. "I ...need to... feel you." He kissed her and kept sucking on her lip, while Jules  started fiddling around with his jeans which then pooled around his ankles. He quickly got rid of them, but gladly did so, as his need for Jules had become visible. Somehow, they found their way to the bedroom, where Tom took off his shirt immediately, while Jules had taken care of her pants at the bedroom door already.
"My, your body", Jules purred, fell backwards on the bed and pulled him down with her.
He kissed her deeper than ever before, looked at her and said: "Gosh, you're so fucking gorgeous!"
"Well, you ain't bad looking, either."
"...but you're still wearing too many clothes!" he complained.
"Yeah ... well ..." A sassy smirk. Their remaining clothes ended up on the bedroom floor, hands were sliding up and down naked bodies, kisses deepened and their lust and desire for each other grew.
"Tom ...please", she begged. She needed and wanted him.
"I love you", he murmured, studying her face for a moment.
"I love you, too, but for God's sake, Tom – take me already. I need you!" she pleaded.

A moment later, they were as close as only two lovers could be. They were one. Lost in the cosmic experience of their love making, they also knew that their intimacy went beyond sex. Their souls had caught fire, and they were passionately burning for each other.
"You ...feel ...so GOOD!" Jules managed, while one of her hands was entangled in Tom's hair.
"So do you", he breathed.

Later, they were lying next to each other, still on a high. Jules looked at him: "Not too long ago, I didn't even remotely think of being in a serious relationship ever again, let alone ever having sex again, but then I met you and everything changed. And now I just slept with you for the first time." She smiled and kissed him. "I honestly never felt this way before, Tom."
"I love you, Jules."
"I love you, too. And I am so beyond happy, I'm in love again, have a gorgeous man in my life, and ... dare I say, I am finding myself again in your love." She caressed him and swore: "I'll never let you go again."
"Good. Because I won't ever let you go either. I lost you once, and I don't want to experience that pain ever again." He gave her a little kiss. "You will always be my Phoenix."

The next morning, he woke up before Jules did. Tom smiled happily while watching her sleep. Her eyelashes, the way she had her arm draped across his chest, her nose ...he took in every little inch of her face. "How did I get so lucky?" he wondered. "I love you so much!"
Jules sighed in her sleep, and was about to wake up herself. Bit by bit, she came to, and looked directly at him. "Good morning", she said with a smile and kissed him. "Did we really ...?"
"Good morning", he replied. "And yes, we did."
"I still don't know what you've done to me, but I certainly won't complain. Everything feels so good – your touch, your kisses, your love."
"Same, Jules." He pulled her in a tight hug. "Can't get enough of this!"
"You mean ...?" she purred and kissed him again, long, and full of passion and love.

"You know what?" Jules said a bit later when they were having breakfast.
"Hm?"
"I would like to show you one of my favorite spots in the city where I like to retreat to every now and then."
"Sounds good", he replied. "I love to continue our little adventure."
"Oh yeah. Let's see where else it will lead us to." She tilted her head. "But really, Tom – wherever you go, I will follow. And if you have to go to the end of the fucking world, I am coming with you."
"I like that attitude", he said and smiled.
"You're stuck with me now", she grinned.

They were walking hand in hand to a pond in the forest, not talking too much, but taking in the nature around them instead. "This is beautiful", Tom said when they had sat down on a bench which was thankfully unoccupied.
"What I love about living here – many think that Berlin is just a huge ass Moloch, but if you know where to go, you will find little oases like this one."
"Thank you for showing me", he replied and looked into her eyes. They fell silent, Jules simply rested her head on his shoulder, while Tom kept caressing her. Where have you been all my life? he wondered. "I love you", he muttered while he watched the sunlight dancing on the pond.
Jules only smiled and kissed him. "You know, as pissed off and angry as I was, the way you were fighting for me to win me back was absolutely adorable."
"You had all the right to be mad at me."
"And I also had to ghost you, because I needed to find out how I feel – do I still love you or was I just in love with an idea? As in, the idea of us?" She tickled him lovingly. "Well, as you can see ..."
"...and felt last night", he added. "So I take it you still trust me, too?"
"I wouldn't have slept with you if I didn't. Tom, I love you more than I can even remotely put into words. Whatever you've done to me, it feels so fucking good!" She smiled at him and gave him another kiss. "And I finally know again what it's like to be in love."
"I'm glad", he replied and pulled her in a tight hug.

Jules checked her phone before they drove back to her place. A missed call from Nora as well as a message: "Earth to Jules! The fuck is going on? You alive?"
"If you only knew ..." she mumbled with a sassy grin.
"Nora?" Tom asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yep. She still doesn't know. But I am willing to bet that she already has an inkling – after all, we're the world's worst kept secret or something", she chuckled.

"You got some kinda hold on me
You're all wrapped in mystery
So wild and free
So far from me
You're all I want, my fantasy"