Epilogue: "London Rain (Nothing Heals Me Like You Do)"

One and a half years into their relationship, Tom and Jules were still going strong. Their love had only grown ever since that first kiss in Jules's loft followed by their first night together in each other's arms some weeks later.

If they weren't traveling the world because of Tom's filming commitments, they were splitting their down time between Berlin and London. Clearwater had become a thing of the past. Tom had been back there a couple of times to pick up some stuff, but he never looked back much. He didn't want to be too overly much reminded of Scientology and everything that it had cost him. He was with Jules, and he wanted to share his life with her. And although they had become pretty much inseparable, they both knew perfectly well when to give the other one room and even spent a couple of days without each other. But never for too long, as their yearning always brought them back fast. They had also shut down rumors about their relationship by making it official on the red carpet. Tom had kissed her in front of the whole world, and Jules had been okay with it the second he had asked her. She was still professional enough to do her PR job, but questions about their private life were turned down. "Yes, we're a couple!" was all everybody got. Their promise rings they'd been wearing since that particular evening at the lake  were of nobody else's business as well. Of course the rings caused some speculations, but neither Tom nor Jules had any intention to comment on their exact relationship status. Their closest friends knew, and that was enough. 

Jules woke up from a hot night of love they had both immensely enjoyed. Tom was still asleep next to her. "I still can't put into words how much I love you", she muttered. Outside, a typical London rain was falling, and if that meant a day in bed with Tom, she sure as heck wouldn't mind. She felt at peace in his arms. Whole. The broken pieces inside her had been put together again thanks to the man she loved more than anything else in the world. Tom's love had not just soothed, but healed her pain. She placed a kiss on his forehead and smiled at him.

She got up, went to the bathroom, and afterwards sat on the window sill, looking out.

Tom woke up and saw Jules contemplating life on the window sill. He got up, walked over to her, rested his chin on her shoulder and breathed against her skin. He knew that Jules loved it when he did that. His lips kept brushing her sensitive skin behind her ear next. "Come back to bed, please", he purred.
Jules just smiled. Her heart was full of love for Tom. "Ich liebe dich", she whispered.
"I love you, too", he breathed and leaned in to kiss her.

It didn't take long and both were back in bed, and with the exception of bathroom breaks and eating, they spent the rest of the day there. In each other's arms.

"And where I'm home, curled in your arms
And I'm safe again
I'll close my eyes and sleep, sleep
To the sound of London Rain

So keep me, keep me
In your bed all day, all day
Nothing heals me like you do"