Episode 8

"I can't believe he finally said yes!" Mavi exclaims as she held her dad's hand wondering through the zoo. She usually spent weekends with her father because it was the only time he really had off work but he had to come in that Saturday. Mavi was upset when he told her that he couldn't take her this weekend, he called his boss to see if Mavi could come with him for the day and he said yes. It was something Mavi always wanted to do but before now she had always been too young.

"You can't come with me with some of the animals though, they are too dangerous." Joe answered making sure she didn't get her hopes up too much to stroke a tiger or something, there wasn't such paperwork for something like that.

"What can I come in with?" Mavi questioned.

"Monkeys, kolas, animals like those," Joe replied but he could see the look of disappointment on her face. "You can feed the penguins though." Mavi cracked a small smile leaning on her father as the two of them walked. She loved her father more than anything and had waited so long to be able to come to work with him. See how zoos really work. They made it into the office area where the staff usually have a meeting in the morning so everyone knows what needs doing today and if anything had happened over night to the animals. Joe sat down on his chair lifting Mavi up on his lap, he leaned over clicking on his computer until he brought a game up so she could play while they had a staff meeting but he knew she'd secretly be listening. She was nosey like her father. Mavi took the mouse from her father leaning forward so she could play the game.

"I'll be back in a minute princess, just carry on playing the games." Joe promised kissing her head before wondering over to his boss who had started to collect all his belongs together so he could get back to his office and carry on with his own duties, that was until Joe approached him making him stop what he was doing.

"Is there something wrong?" Darren questioned.

"No I was just wondering whether you were contacted about a boy coming to help some of the keepers out?" Joe questioned.

"Demi and her son Alfie?" He questioned Joe nodding his head. "I was but I'm afraid I've had to say no." Joe sighed wanting to groan but he knew that wasn't professional. Darren had always been weary of bringing little kids into the zoo and so close to the animals.

"Why?" Joe inquired.

"Because the boy is deaf and we just don't have the facilities to work with someone with that kind of disability." Darren explained.

"I know sign language, I can do it." Joe demanded.

"I don't know Jonas, it's going to be our fault if he falls or something and his family could sue us. I don't want the zoo going into debt." Darren explained.

"Please sir, I'll take special care of him." Joe begged slightly Darren sighing this time hesitating but nodding his head gently.

"Fine, I'll give her a call." Darren surrendered.

"Don't bother, I'll go over after work and tell her if you give me her address. I know she will be a bit worried about leaving him alone." Joe urged.

"I'll drop you an email with her address when I get over to my office, get to work." With that Darren left leaving Joe smiling. He wondered back over to Mavi helping her off the chair after switching the games off.

"What were you talking to the big man about?" Mavi questioned taking his hand as the two of them begun leaving the offices.

"Nothing baby girl." Joe answered squeezing her hand gently but not too much to hurt her. He knew that Demi was going to be over the moon once he told her about the good news. 

—————————————————————

Comments please!