Episode 32

Joe and Alfie soon lost track of time after lunch which they had with Demi before she left going home, she knew she could trust Joe to look after her son and bring him back in one piece. Next time they looked up Joe noticed it was heading onto six in the evening and that was only because Darren had come over surprised to see them both still working. They packed up what they were doing straight away making their way over to the car.

"Have you had a good day?" Joe questioned after strapping him into the front of the car, Alfie nodded his head gently Joe seeing that he was tired as he rubbed his eyes gently and would most likely have a nap on the way home.

"Thank you." He spoke Joe smiling shutting the door carefully, he made his way over to the driver's side climbing in starting the car up. It was about half an hour's drive to his parents house where he would pick Mavi up before heading to Demi's house, he had already texted Demi saying they were fine on their way home. Joe hoped Alfie could get as much sleep as he could before he would have to wake him up to have some dinner.

Mavi wondered out of the house after giving her Grandparents a hug climbing into the back of the car, Joe didn't want to leave Alfie asleep in the front so had texted his mother. They both waved to Denise and Paul before Joe pulled away, he only had the radio on very quietly as he drummed along to the song with his hands on the steering wheel.

"Have you had a good day?" Joe questioned.

"Yeah, me and Granny made cookies!" Mavi exclaimed but not too loudly seeing that Alfie was asleep in the front looking tired.

"And you didn't save me any?" Joe questioned.

"Nope!" Mavi grinned Joe sticking his tongue at her through the middle mirror. "When are Leeroy and Lilo leaving?"

"Tuesday baby girl but I already emailed the zoos asking them to keep us updated on them and send pictures. They know there is a little girl who loves them and had promised to keep their names." Joe assured her Mavi nodding her head. Nobody really wanted them to leave but they had all been through this before. Joe soon pulled up outside Demi's house seeing her at the door as soon as she saw him pull up. She only walked down the path when Joe told her so.

"He's fallen asleep, I don't know what you want to do with him." Joe stated.

"I already made dinner for everyone so I'll have to wake him up," Demi replied leaning in the car lifting her son up who woke up.

"Mommy." He mumbled, she kissed his head to tell him that she was here.

"You've worn my son out Jonas." Demi smirked Joe chuckling locking the car.

"I'm not tired!" Mavi exclaimed Joe picking her up throwing her over his shoulder, the girl squealed hitting his back. Demi smiled as they all wondered up the path Joe setting Mavi back down in the hall who ran off once Demi told her she could put what she wanted on the telly.

"We'll wait until he's a little more awake to have dinner." Demi sat Alfie down on the couch then wondering into the kitchen Joe following behind her.

"What's happening with this fundraiser then?" Joe questioned.

"A lot of things are happening and your planning it." Demi smiled leaning up kissing his cheek gently before carrying on washing up.

"I don't mind planning it, it would be my pleasure," Joe replied sticking his tongue out at her like he did with Mavi. Demi shook her head gently watching as he picked up a tea towel beginning to dry the pots knowing exactly where everything goes."When do you think we should hold it?"

"I don't know but it's his birthday late August, I wouldn't mind him having the operation before then so he can having his hearing for his fifth birthday."

-------------------------------------------

Comments please!