CHAPTER 4: A Ally In The Alley-Way

November 10, 1983: morgan's pov

I woke up this morning to the news that will byers was dead.

They found him in the quarry. I just, I feel bad and I didn't even know him. I feel so shitty for no reason I did not even go to school. Some part of me doesn't believe Will's dead like that body they found was not him. I know it is him though, I think it's him.

Once I decided to stay home I got into my fluffy grey bed sheets and tried to sleep until the next day.

________________

I did not go to wills funeral the next day. I did not feel like I should go I did not know him and it would be weird. I was in Mr. Mundy's Math class when I fell asleep I had a weird nightmare about will, I was about to fall off a cliff when Mr. Mundy loudly yelled ' miss fisher, having a little afternoon nap are we? '.Almost everyone in the class laughed at that (Even Mr. Mundy).

At that moment I got up out of my seat grabbed my bag and walked out of the classroom Mr. Mundy called my name and kaytlynn just doing her work being used to me doing this type of shit now. I just ran to the nearest exit and walked out to my car. I went to a gas station got a tab soda drink and just went home. And passed out on the bed. 

I had another nightmare. One where Johnathon in nancy was in a forest calling each others names .they were right next to each other but they could not see each other. I woke up in a cold sweat. I checked the time, 11:09 pm . I decided I'd look outside until I fell asleep .when looking out the window I saw this thing out the corner of my eye it looked like a monster that would be under my bed but when I looked back there was nothing there. huh? strange,but I've seen stranger things.

___________________

Now, none of this is my fault ok. I just woke up one Saturday and realized I needed to guy buy food because I only have like 2 moldy apples in my kitchen so sue me. I get dressed and get in my car and drive downtown I  park my car on the street and just as I do I look to the right. There I see carol,tommy, steve, nancy, that redheaded girl, and Johnathon so I walk over because if these 6 are together something will go wrong or something has gone wrong I look up and  the theater sign says staring 'nancy the slut wheeler and I just know it was steve

"Hey !' I say walking over before noticing the spray paint on the wall  that said 'Johnathon byers is a perv' in big red letters "oh morgan" tommy says in a snooty voice, "Come to see the show ?'' "Maybe she is a fag just like byers".

" what," I say back, wondering how we got to the topic of being gay.'' maybe she is a perv like him too, "the redheaded girl says all sassy-like." who even are you, ?" I ask her with my best sassy voice ."Nichole," she says back"nic-hole, "I say back mocking her sassy tone."screw this, I'm leaving'' 

I start to walk away when I hear steves loud voice  behind me." you know morgan you're always beating people up but you never even tried to do that to me...maybe because you know I would wi-" and just like that I turned around and my fist collided with his face and it knocks him to the side." you want to fight Harrington, then let's fight "

we start to fight and steve kicks me in the face before I knee him in the balls and punch him in the face a bunch. At some point, I'm on top of steve and punching him even more until the police show up and try to drag me off of him but Johnathon punches the cop and says ''run !'' and I start running home the cop follows but then goes after steve and his crew instead because they're closer.

________________________

Once I get home I bandage up my wounds and clean them up, I also shower and change into some grey high wasted jeans, a white undershirt, and my favorite blue sweater. I put on some grey socks and my black sneakers. I toss on my leather jacket and rush out the door. And drive over to the byers house. 

___________________

''ok so in this example you're the acrobat'' Mike says as he tries to explain this thing called the upside down and the strange girl next to him with the cool hair to joyce, nancy, hopper, and me.I literally just showed up and the told me about this I don't know why. It's kind of weird that I understand this. Apparently will is hiding in the upside-down and we are all in the right side up and the girl beside him made a rip in time in space releasing this monster thing. And the gates in Hawkins lab? I don't even know.'' is this gate underground'' hopper asks and the girl says ''yes''. ''Near a large water tank,'' he asks ''yes'' the girl said again.

________

so now we are all staring at this girl (whose name is el according to mike)with her eyes shut trying to contact will and barbara.

''im sorry ''el says''whats the problem''joyce asks''I cant find them''el says back looking like shes going to cry.we take a break as el uses the bathroom I think.

___________

when she comes back we form a new plan soooo apparently el has a 'bad battery' because she flipped a van! I would have loved to see that! Anyway apparently instead of waiting for els battery to recharge we have to call the middle school science teacher to learn how to make a sensory deprivation tank.

_____________

We need 15,00 pounds of salt so we have to break into Hawkins's middle. what the hell am I doing? I'm in with the wheelers as we go to get a hose to fill up the tank (or kitty pool for that matter) but the door is locked with a rusty lock so after mike and nancy try to unlock it (mike tried to just ram it open) I grab a rock off the ground and smash the rock with it and it worked. I hear mike say 'whoa ' after I open it.

we walk back as nancy and mike talk about what eleven( or el as I know her) ate while living in their basement.  I feel weird being there because I don't have any family, so I just walk with them and say nothing

__________

we set up the hoses and fill the kitty pool with salt and water, I help pour salt in by cutting the bags open with my butterfly knife.el gets in the kitty pool and lays on her back, the power goes out and we are all just watching her silently. After a few seconds, el says softly ''Barbra'' as if calling out to her. More lights go out as el gasps.

''whats going on'' nancy asks ''I don't know ''mike answers ''is barb okay ,is she okay''nancy asks el.'I have the feeling that barbs are not okay'  but I keep that thought to myself. ''  gone gone gone ''  el keeps repeating and I'm scared I'm right. 

el keeps yelling 'gone' louder as joyce tries to comfort her and nancy starts crying I almost do too at this point.' castle Byers' is what el says next.'' will'' el says and joyce says'' tell will I'm coming for him''. we then hear will on the radio saying 'hurry'. joyce then tells el to tell will to '' stay where he is because we are coming, honey''

el then sits up quickly and goes into Joyce's arms. hopper and joyce then leave to go to castle byers and the rest of us stay behind.el shake because she was cold so I gave her my jacket leaving me in just my sweater. I sit with the kids as they talk about dnd and stuff like that. I get bored quickly so I go out and open the trunk of my car to get a blanket and a tab soda(they are my favorite drink and I have like 5 cans in my car)

_________________________________________________________

woohoo, we are almost done with season one, thrilling love u guys bye💖