CHAPTER 11:Morse-code and monsters

we decided to empty and blackout the shed in the byers back yard. Max, Lucas, nancy, steve Dustin and I weren't allowed in the shed so we just spread about the house. I opted to sit in the living room on the floor practicing some knife tricks because I have nothing else but some lint in my pocket. It was also kind of entertaining to see steve wave around his bat like a madman.

After about 5 minutes of crazy steve, the lights started flickering. I pointed it out to steve and both of us walk over to the window showing the back shed, then a second later once everyone else got there the lights stop flickering. what the hell?

10 minutes go by and they all come back in. ''what happened Dustin asked as hopper sat down at a small table ''I think he's talking just not with words''  hopper grabs a letter from the table and writes on the back of it. I think he's righting out morse code.''

''wait what is that steve asked ''morse code'' we all say at the same time. He rights down letters underneath the dots and lines. The letters spell out  H-E-R-E.''will is still in there he's  talking to us.''

They go back out to at this point kind of looks like an interrogation with him being tied up and with the bright lights in his face and all the questions.

Hopper would tap every way and every time will do with his walkie talkie then the rest of us would write it on a piece of paper to decode it. The questions would keep the mind flayer distracted.

'' C-L-O-S-E    G-A-T-E'' all of us said in unison. Everything was fine until the phone rang. Steve picked it up and then put it back but then someone called again so I ripped the phone off the wall a threw it on the floor.'' do you think he heard that ''nancy questioned.'' I mean it's just a phone it could be anywhere'' steve answers.

Then a moment later we hear growling in the distance,demo-dog growling.'' that's not good''Dustin gulped.''Hey. hey, get away from the windows ''hopper said as he rushed into the house ''do you know how to use this''hopper asked Johnathon hiding some type of gun.  ''what's reponded''can you use this'' ''um-'' ''I can'' nancy said and took the gun out of hoppers hand.

Everybody gets a weapon and gets in position in front of the windows. I have my butterfly knife (of course).'' where are they?'' Max yells from behind me and Lucas. There was a very old thud ''what are they doing '' I stammered

We heard snarling, groaning, and growls for a moment before...it all stopped. It got kinda quiet but not calm quiet, scary quiet. But then something flew through and broke a window. It was a demo-dog but..it wasn't moving. Was it dead !?''holy shit''dustin quaked.'' is it dead''max asked .''hopper kicked it lightly with his foot

.The door creaked a little before it unlocked and Elevon walked in. Elevon walked in !? Excuse me I have not seen her in almost a year. I thought she was dead. But no she's here alive looking a little goth with her hair slicked back and dark eye shadow on. And she's wearing my leather jacket.

                                                                  /-/-/-/-/

"Eleven!" Mike says as he walks up to her "Mike!"Eleven d]says and then pulls him into a giant hug." is that.."Max asks and the rest of us nod."I never gave up on you"Mike says to el "I called you every night for --"  "353 days I heard" "why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"."Because I wouldn't let her" hopper spoke okay what the hell is happening right now "they hell is this ? where have you been" hopper asks el "where have you been"Hopper doesn't say anything and just pulls her into a big bearhug.