Chapter 27: Missing you

It's been days since I altered everything in me to stay away from her. I have focused to my lessons and make myself busy to not think of her. Well, there are times that I can't avoid it but I was thankful that I still managed to escape from it with the help of the twins that always visit me after their class.

Everyone was concerned and tried to talk to me and tried to asked what's wrong but of course I couldn't even really tell them everything. I mean, afterall, why do I need to tell them when there's nothing to tell but just a pity and foolish stuff?

Justin on the other hand seems to know what happened to me since he's the only one that knows what's going on with me even from the start. I told him about the bruises last time and I don't know but I always caught him looking at Professor Tan's direction whenever they met. He's like a different person when he's in front of the professor and it was like he is planning something in his mind. And I was a little scared so I made him promised to keep everything in secret and to not make any trouble or mess. I'm hoping he'll listen.

"You okay?" tanong ni Zara habang nakain kami ng pizza sa ilalim ng puno sa soccerfield.

It's actually weird kasi parang biglang she's always not doing any jokes anymore or magkwento sa harap ko. It's as if she knows that I need a quiet surrounding which was a bit true but of course I still want her to be herself.

"Yeah." Tanging ko lamang habang nakatingin sa mga naglalaro sa soccerfield.

She stopped asking me and was quiet the entire time kaya nang maubos na ang pizza na dinala neto ay agad din etong nagpaalam na babalik na sa practice niya.

I decided to just go back to the classroom kase magsstart naman na din yung klase ko in a few minutes.

I've been more attentive in my lessons and being by myself all the time which made my friends had so much odd expressions whenever they saw me. Hindi na din ako nasamang kumain lagi sa canteen because I am sure know that she's always there.

Nasa tapat na ako ng room when I heard noises from the inside. Weird, it sounds like some laughs but one of them sounds like a kid.

I was on the front door that was slightly opened when I heard some laughs again. Kaya binuksan ko na eto kagad at pumasok.

"Ate mommy!"

Wait, what?

Ba't nandito tong kambal na to?

I saw Kikay sitting on Justin's lap while holding his phone with some snacks and she immediately run towards me while Kiki was in front of the board writing some calculation habang karga eto ni Miss Sapphira kase di neto maabot ang board. Miss Sapphira was smiling to Kiki nang di pa ako neto nakita at napatigil na lamang nang magtama ang aming mga mata. I stared at her with my dead eyes to masked my emotions at tsaka agad kong kinuha si Kiki na karga karga neto.

"Why are you both here?" seryusong tanong ko sa kambal habang hawak na silang dalawa sa magkabilang kamay ko.

Everyone in the room was staring and watching at us and I'm sure she's not breaking her eye contact in my direction. I can feel it, I always felt her stares even from a distance.

"Sabe ni Nanay po stay muna kami sa bahay kasi may pupuntahan sila ni Mama pwero si Kiki ayaw niya daw at kinuha ang ipon namin sa piggybank at nagride kami sa tuwaysakol duwayver.." pagkukwento ni Kikay.

"W-what?? You both came here by yourself?" natarantang tanong ko.

What the fuck happened? And why are the twins by themselves??

"Yes, but Ate Mommy I love your school, can we play here after class every day?"

"No." Seryusong sagot ko at agad na humarap sa direction ni Miss Sapphira.