Chapter 27: Pages Of Guilt

Gelatin was looking at the book, while also trying to read it through the fog. His eyes started watering and straining because of the fog, he sighed and closed up the book. Not knowing a thing written in it.

He held out his flashlight again and tried finding the forest. He kept having this..feeling, a sense that someone is watching him, but he shoved his senses out of his head and just ignored it and kept walking.

Flower took another route earlier, hoping to find another way to get there. It was cold, and the weather looked like it had better days.

The book looked old, slightly torn and yellowish with some dark stains on it. Gave it a mysterious vibe, which was noticed and taken note of right away.

Gelatin thought he saw something moving in the fog, a figure sprinting faster than ever. He got frightened with the sounds of the figure moving around him, he didn't wanted to keep walking through this fog, he just wanted to go home.

He was not sure why, but he starting smelling something..burning. He took note of this and tried following where the smell was coming from. He quickly walked through the fog.

He saw it, right then and there. A fire, sparking in flames, it glowed with a warm orange glow. He got slightly closer to the fire, making sure that he was standing at a safe distance away in case if he suddenly started melting. He noticed how warm and fuzzy the fire was, but it was abnormal for a fire like this to occur at such a cold temperature, and even more unusual if it started randomly. Unless, someone started it.

He couldn't see what was on fire, it smelled horrible and reeks. Gelatin decided to ignore it and continue searching. The cold air caressed through the city, leaving the place in the cold. His flashlight flickered into the darkness. It all went dark.

-

Candle: Where are they?

The lit purple candle roamed the hallways of the lab, looking left and right for someone. She started panicking, not knowing what could have happened to them. But she wanted to break them out of this hell.

Her fire lit up furiously and burnt the walls that she past by, she felt like she was on fire. Her anger overwhelms her but she didn't plan throw tantrum and die in a messed up lab because of her selfish needs. She would describe that she feels like she was in hell.

Candle check room and room, each one being more emptier than the other. If that even makes sense at all. She started losing hope of finding them and feared the worst. If Paintbrush was nowhere to be found, there could be countless things that could have happened, they could have been executed, they might have escaped, they might be killing many people, they might be still alive but suffering, who knows?!

She quickened her pace, stress and fear aching her body, she starts shouting out their name.

Candle: Paintbrush..! Where are you..?

She started fucking cramping, this sucks, being nice and not being respected, how ungrateful of them. Fuck, they even sabotaged her and caused her to be eliminated, and she tried showing them how to be respectful, yet they didn't respect or care about her.

Candle almost couldn't hold her anger, and her fire furiously crackled and burned her wick. She started breathing slowly and started searching for Paintbrush again, but her flame never calmed down.

She heard noises coming from one room, the one all the way to the end; barricaded, locked and eradicated almost completely, there were burnt marks and several large scratches on the door, out of curiosity, she went to the door at the end.