06

"Is it weird that I'm still attracted to you?" Peter asked as the light of streetlamp flashed by.

"How so?" Five replied, eyes on the road.

"Well, we're thirteen again but mentally in our fifties. I don't find other thirteen year olds attractive because that makes me feel like a pedophile", Peter grimaced. "But it still find you attractive. I think that's because you're still you, no matter the body".

"For the record", Five stated as they pulled to a stop outside a sixties style donut shop, the breaks squealing with disuse. The brunette unbuckled his seatbelt and rested an arm on the wheel to stare at the blonde. "I still find you attractive too". Peter rolled his eyes as a fond smile pulled at his lips. If one looked closely, they would be able to see a slight pink light emanating from his blushing cheeks.

"Five you old romantic", he cooed as the brunette got out of the car. Peter following, rounding around the bonnet just in time to meet Five at the door. He grabbed the handle first and held it open. "After you". Five gave him a exasperated look but entered first, Peter right behind him.

Griddy's donut shop was empty at this time of night. The final and orange decorations dull under the bleak white lighting. Five and Peter took seats at the counter, looking like two boys who had snuck out of boarding school in their uniform blazers. Peter dinged the bell and they waited as a tired man in his forties entered and took a seat a few feet away. Peter stared at him as he took off his hat and began a newspaper crossword. He wondered if he could have ever had a normal life, but he dismissed the thought as silly. There was no normal for someone who had spent more time flying than walking and who tended to glow when emotional.

There was a clatter of dishes and a older woman in a bright pink uniform appeared out of a back room. "Sorry, the sink was clogged. What can I get you?"

"Uh, give me a chocolate eclair", the trucker spoke.

"Sure. Can I get the kids a glass of milk or something?"

"The kid wants coffee. Black", Five smiled full of teeth but without any warmth.

"Can I have a latte?" Peter asked more politely than his husband. He flashed her an angelic smile, complete with dimples and all. (Sometimes being a cute blonde kid with curls and big green eyes really helped. He had to thank his mother's genetics). "And a strawberry donut?"

Anges, as it said on her name tag, couldn't help but return his smile. "Cute kid", she cooed, reaching out to pinch Peter's cheek. The trucker looked confused. She bustled off to prepare their orders.

"Adorable", Five muttered mockingly.

Peter scoffed. "Shut up".

Five sighed and leaned closer to him. "I don't remember this place being such a shit hole. I used to come here's a kid. Used to sneak out with my brothers and sisters and eat donut until we puked. Simpler times huh".

"That's a nice memory", Peter commented. He had never really had friends, until Five. The other boy was his first best friend, then his boyfriend and now his husband.

"Here", Agnes passed Five and Peter their coffees and the donut before handing the trucker the eclair.

"Thank you", Peter smiled again as Five grabbed his mug wordlessly.

"Such a polite young man", Agness tittered.

"Here. I'll get theirs", the trucker handed her some money as he stood up.

"Thanks", Five nodded as he took a gulp. Peter already biting into his donut and making happy noises at the sugary taste of artificial fruit. "You must know you're way around the city", Five voiced as the trucker grabbed his hat.