10

Getting Klaus into a respectable, everyday, normal suit had been an interesting battle that Peter reflected on with a smirk as they returned to the prosthetics office. He had watched with glee as Five bullied Klaus into one of his dad's old suits. They didn't fit well, too short in the leg and sleeves.  Five gave up on Klaus' hair and the smoky remains of eyeliner around his eyes. The overall look was tired and maybe even fashionable if one consulted the right circles, Peter mused. At least they were actually being down into one of the doctor's offices this time. It was the same Doctor who had been rude to them before. His office a thing of glass that made Peter glance around nervously. His feet firmly planted on the floor. 

"As I said to you son and his friend earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent I simply can't help you". 

That did not appease Five. He leaned over the desk, knuckled resting on more metal and glass. "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name". He was a note away from growling the words. 

"Well, that's not my problem", the doctor shrugged. "Sorry. But there's nothing more we can do so-"

Klaus interrupted them. He had been sitting silent in his chair. Peter having been forced into standing behind it since there were only two chairs facing the desk. "Well what about my consent?" He hissed angrily.  

"Excuse me?" They all frowned at him. 

"Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my son and his boyfriends?" Klaus' tone was full of dramatic shock as he pointed at Five.

"What?" The doctor stared. 

"You hard me". 

"But I haven't touched them?" 

Klaus leaned forwards. "Well, how did he get that swollen lip then?" 

"He doesn't have a swollen lip"-

Then in one movement he stood up and smacked Five harshly across the face. The boy letting out a noise of pain. Peter jerked in an aborted moment to reach for him but relaxed. "An his boyfriend. Who gave him a black eye?" Klause turned to the blonde and punched him solidly in the face. Peter was surprised by the force behind it and he let the momentum knock him back into the glass window, hitting it with a thump and a cry of pain that was more for the drama of it than any actual shock. He had been hit before, he could handle it. 

(Once, when they were teenagers around seventeen or so, he and Five had gotten into a vicious brawl. No one but the other. They loved and hated each other in equal passion back in the apocalypse. Teen boys were full of hormones and emotions ran high between them. Peter could remember the blood on his mouth and the bruises welling on his skin as he fisted his knuckles into the the dirty cloth of Five's shirt. The kisses afterwards stung. Pain and pleasure mixed in together with anger and love. They had many fights back then before their relationship eased in to the beginning of what they had now). 

Klaus inhaled deeply as Peter picked himself up from the window. Five was staring at Klaus in shock, gaze flickering between the man and the blonde boy. Peter just grinned despite the rising bruise he could feel forming around his left eye. "I want it. Name, please. Now", the man ordered as he leant on the desk. 

"You're crazy", the doctor pointed. 

He laughed. "You have no idea". Then Klaus noticed a decorative snow globe on the desk. "Peace on earth? that's so sweet". It shattered against his forehead and both him and the doctor shouted in unison. "God! That hurt". There was water dripping from Klaus hair and a few pieces of glitter stuck to his face along with the blood running over his eyebrow from a cut on his temple.