09

Vanya found them in Five's room back at the mansion. Five was standing by the window gazing at the glass in through while Peter hovered somewhere up near the ceiling. The blonde flying in slow circles as he tried to dismantle a little wooden Japanese puzzle he had picked up from the shelf. It was some 3d thing in shape of a star and he had never seen a puzzle like that before. It was keeping him pretty entertained.

"Oh, thank god", she sighed in relief as she stepped through the open door. Five turned to greet her as she crossed the room, walking right under Peter without appearing to notice him. "I was worried sick about you".

"Sorry we left without saying goodbye".

She stopped in the centre of the room and her shoulders sagged. "No I'm sorry. I was dismissive. I guess I didn't know how to process what you two were saying, and I still can't to be honestly.

Five stepped closer to join her. His face a careful picture of blank concern. "Maybe you were right to be dismissive", he let out a scoff and turned to inspect another wooden puzzle box on a nearby shelf. "It felt real. Well.. like you said. The old man did say time travel could mess up the mind. I mean, I got married to a mythical flying boy".

"I told you. Darling". Peter stated firmly from where he was now crouched in the top corner of the ceiling like a gargoyle. Puzzle in pieces on his bent knees as he tried to put it back together. "I am not a hallucination".

Vanya jumped and gasped at his voice. The blonde spared her a cheeky grin. "I forgot he could fly", she breathed as she calmed down.

"Puzzles seem to be the only thing that can shut him up", Five's lips twitched as he muttered the comment to Vanya, turning his frown into something a bit more fond. His voice raised pointedly. "Five minutes of blessed quiet so that I can think-"

"Yeah yeah", Peter made his hand yabber like a puppet. "Just reminding you yet again that I'm real".

Vanya sighed softly, interrupting their bickering. "Look. Maybe I, not the right person to talk to. I used to see someone. A therapist. I can give you her information".

Five rolled his eyes at her. "Thanks".

"How did the therapy turn out? You look like you should go back", Peter commented. She looked up at him and he waved a hand at her. "I read your book. Must be hard, the family together again, Five coming back, your Father's death".

Vanya blinked at him, seeming unsure how to take that. "I did not ask for your comment". The words would have been harsher if they weren't so small. Peter just gave her a honest little smile, soft and almost pitying.

"I think I'm just going to get some rest", Five broke the silence before his husband could push more buttons. "It's been a long time since I've had a good night's sleep".

Whatever fight in Vanya melted away. "Okay", she spared him a soft smile before leaving the room. The door shutting with a gentle click.

Five waited a few moments for her to get out of ear shot before shooting a look at the boy on the ceiling. "Really?"

"What?" Peter shrugged. "Therapy is good for people. I don't know why she stopped going. I think she may benefit from it. You agree with me".

A loud clatter eye aged from the wardrobe and Klaus stumbled out. The man was dressed in a pair of black leather leggings and a paisley shirt with grilled cuffs in shades of green and purple. His eyes ringed with eyeliner and pupils blown in his customary high. "That's so touching. All that stuff about family and dad and time. Wow! Also I agree with cute blonde over there, our sister really needs therapy. We all need therapy. I mean, I went, a couple of times in rehab. They always wanted to know my feelings about my childhood. That didn't really work for me, I could picture it working to Vanya though. She wrote a whole book about her childhood". He broke off with a cackle without any humour.

"Would you shut up! She'll hear you!" Five hissed.

"I'm moist".

"Eww", Peter pulled a face. He floated down from the ceiling and set the rebuilt puzzle back onto its space on the shelf.

"I thought I told you to put on something professional", Five was scowling at his brother.

"What? This is my best outfit".

Peter eyed the shirt with a frown. "This is the worst outfit I've seen you in".

The man blinked at him and gestured with a finger. "I'll have you know that I've definitely worn worst. There was was a time where I walked across the city in nothing but a thong and a-"

Five cut him off with a shake of the head and a loud defeated sigh. "We'll raid the old man's closet".

"Whatever. As long as I get paid", Klaus agreed as he followed the brown haired boy into the hall. Peter floating after them.

"When the job is done".

"Okay but just so we're clear on the finer details", klaus continued as Peter over took him to take his place at Five's right. "I've just got to go into this place and pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?"

"Yep".

"Why can't I be Peter's dear old dad?"

"Because you don't know Peter".

"Also the colours are wrong", Peter added. "Even though you two don't look alike, you both have similar colouring. You can say Five took after his mother". He gestured round at them all. He was correct. Both klaus and five had pale skin, similar shades of brown hair and dark eyes. While Klaus' were more green hazel, and Five's were an acorn brown. Peter with his tanned gold skin, pale blonde curses and green eyes as bright as glass, did not look one bit like them at all.

Klaus accepted this with a nod. "Alright. So what's the cover story?"

"What are you taking about?" Five frowned, coming to a stop in the hall.

"Like was I really young when I had you, sixteen? Like young and terribly misguided-"

"Sure".

-"your mother, that slut. Whoever she was. Who we meet at the disco". The man chuckled, clearly enjoying this. "Okay. Remember that. Oh my god the sex was amazing. Either way she had you and I didn't know about it. Not for years. I had no idea I had even had a son until you turn up on my door step a year ago with your boyfriend in hand because you're both running away from, what? Ah! Peter's hugely strict Mormon family who want to marry him off to about five girls. Which would just ruin his little gay self. And your slut of a mother refused to take him in so you both came running to me. And I took you in cause you're my son and I would do anything for family".

Peter sniggered as Klaus finished his dramatic tale with a fist over his heart in a perfectly tragic pose. Five just watched with a very weirded out expression. "What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain", he muttered as he continued to lead them down the corridor.

"Who said I was gay?" Peter grinned mischievously as Klaus relaxed out of the dramatic pose and strode after them.

"You're married to my brother and we shared enough showers as kids to know what bits each other have", the man gestured at Five with a wink. Peter sniggered at the action, highly entertained by Klaus. "I guess you could be bi, or Pan, or any number of the sexualise they have now. I forget all the official names. As long as whoever in with is attracted to me as I'm attracted to them then I don't care". He paused to blink at the blonde curiously. "So do you have a label?"

Peter shrugged. "I don't know. It might be the apocalypse but I never really gave anyone tone than five a thought. But I have known him since I was thirteen. I've got to like him after all that".

"You were the one who brought up the idea of marriage", Five reminded.

"Guess I'm a romantic", Peter smiled as he reached out his hands to brush their knuckles together.

Unedited

I love their married couple antics.

Vote, comment, follow please.