08

"Peter! You blonde buffoon. Get off me and wake up!" Peter woke dazedly to Five shoving him, voice hissing as the scrawny thirteen year old fought to get out of bed. Sleep was still digging it's fingers into his mind and it was with an effort that he managed to open his eyes. His husband was sleep ruffled and baring his teeth at him, hands on his chest as he fought to escape the tight hold Peter had on him. The blonde had managed to wriggle so that he was half sprawled over Five in his sleep, arms and legs clutching at him tightly. The single bed big enough for the two small thirteen year olds but only just.

"But you're comfy", Peter mumbled as he closed his eyes and tightened his hold. Five caught his face by the cheeks and pinched them until Peter cried out.

"Get off me! We're already late!" He pushed the blonde back and Peter let go. Five huffed as he slipped out of bed, blue pyjamas slightly too big on him and matching Peter's identical set. "Honestly", he muttered as he ran his hand through his bedhead. "Forty seven years and you still sleep like the dead. One would have thought that the apocalypse would have made you a lighter sleeper. But nope", he smiled without any humour and a lot of sarcasm as he glanced down to see Peter dozing. The blonde sprawled on his stomach, cheek pressed into the pillow and one arm hanging off the mattress. Five sighed and leaned over to clap his hands sharply next to Peter's ear.

"What the bloody fuck?" Peter jerked up onto his elbows and blinked sleepily. His curls were as frizzy as a pompom and golden under the sunlight. "Five", he whined. "Darling".

"No more sleep", Five snapped as he grabbed Peter's hands and pulled him from the warm sheets. The boy was so tired that he merely floated from the mattress and hung there, a few feet from the ground and rubbing his eyes as Five began throwing clothes at him. "Get showered and changed! Go! Urgh! Useless". The last word was muttered under his breath as he picked up Peter's clothes and began towing the floating and yawning boy down the hall towards the showers. A shock of cold water woke Peter up fast.

--------------------------------

It was nine thirty in the morning as Five and Peter stood in the lobby of the prosthetics company. Five as small and bitter as the espresso he had downed earlier. Peter with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his shorts, tie undone and just hanging around his neck (Five had refused to tie it for him that morning as punishment for the oversleeping). He had pulled the hood of his hoodie up over his frizzy curls and had changed his black uniform socks for a pair of neon green and black striped ones he had found in Klaus' closet. The same trainers, still blood splattered, on his feet. Next to him, Five was practically a uniform manakin. Peter fiddled with his blazer, which he had thrown over his hoodie, while they waited.

"Fake marble or real marble?" He asked, gesturing to the decorative wall on their left.

Five glanced at it. "Real. This is a place that likes to show off their wealth". Peter hummed in agreement and began messing with his tie. Five spotted it and made a noise with his tongue. "Tsk, give that here". He batted his hands away and began to tie the thing properly. Peter just smiled fondly.

"Can I help you?" A male voice asked. Five finished tying Peter's tie and the two of them turned around to face the boring looking man in a white lab coat. This man really was nothing very special.

Five pulled the fake eye from his pocket. "I need to know who this belongs to".

"Where did you get that?" The doctor frowned.

Five drew back as he reached for the eye. "Why do you care?" He glanced at Peter and the blonde sighed.

Peter pushed down his hood and flashed the man, and the receptionist behind the desk, a golden boy smile. "We found it, at a playground actually. We just wanted to see who it belonged to", he dimpled.

"It must have just", Five clicked his tongue. "Popped out. We wanna return it to it's rightful owner". He smiled, though it was slightly more threatening than Peter's.

"Aww. What thoughtful young men", The receptionist cooed.

Five's smile turned condescending. "Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Peter inwardly sighed. He loved his husband, but the man (well, boy now) was just a bit too arrogant for his own good sometimes.

"I'm sorry but patient records are strictly confidential", the doctor protested. " That means I can't tell you"-

"Yeah I know what it means", Five huffed.

"But I can tell you what I can do", the doctor smiled at them. "I can take the eye off your hands and return it back to it's owner. I'm sure he, or she will be very grateful, so if I can just"- He moved to take the eye from Five's hold.

The smile had fallen from the boy's faces. Five's hazel eyes were piercing as he fixed them on the doctor. "Yeah you're not touching this eye".

The doctor blinked, smile falling off his face in a second. "Now you listen here young man-" Quick as a wink, Five had tossed the eye to Peter and reached forwards to fist his hands in the pristine white lab coat. Peter caught the eye and stuffed it in his pocket, eyeing the receptionist as Five hauled the man close.

"No! You listen to me, arsehole. We've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need and we'll be on our merry way". The receptionist was too stunned to react. Peter gave her a smile, this one much darker than the one before. It was a look that didn't fit his thirteen year old face, weighing with trauma and age that match the bitter anger in Five's tone. "And if you call me 'young man' one more time then I'm going to put your head through that dammed wall", Five snarled.

"Oh dear", the receptionist muttered as she picked up the phone.

"Sorry Love", Peter shrugged his shoulders at her, English accent thick. "Exam stress is getting to his head. We shall be going now". He nudged Five with his elbow and the brunette sighed, letting go of the doctor and storming out. Peter following after him.

"That could have gone better", he commented as they stepped out of the doors and into the street. "I think we traumatised the man".

"He is a insipid arsehole", Five cursed.

"Couldn't have said that better myself Darling", Peter nodded. "So, what's the next plan? Come back with an adult?" He joked.

Five stopped. "We need someone who looks like an adult", he muttered. He straightened and leaned over to press a kiss to Peter's cheek. "I knew I married you for a reason. Let's go!" Then he was strolling down the street in the direction of the academy.

"Well it wasn't for my sleeping habits", Peter laughed as he followed after him.

unedited