Chapter Nine

Nimah Eze | Nine
A Prayer of Seduction

I had never met a single servant that spoke about the queen with so much admiration. Politics amongst servants was undivided. No one supported the queen without a sharp sword to their throat. Was she clueless or just brainwashed? Perhaps she might have been trapped in this sinful temple all her life I assumed, studying the certainty of her eyes.

Everything about the way she spoke contrasted the opinions I formed. If she was the brainwashed, manipulated girl I believed her to be, how could she be so brazen and upfront. There was a strength in those blue eyes, and I held my breath in awe.

"Mmh?" She raised her brow at me in question.

"K... kiss me? You don't know me?"

"Take off your mask, reveal your name to me, and I will."

I tore away from her gaze and hid my smile. "I must take my leave." I began towards the door.

"Halt," she commanded and I did in the same breath. "You've never visited the temple before, have you?"

"Maybe," I answered, turning around. "You can't possibly know every slave here."

"There are no slaves in the temple of Oshun. They worship because they believe in her the same way I do."

"You serve the Goddess of the old, under the command of the queen. That is not freedom."

She laughed softly and slumped into a nearby cushion, crossing her legs. "You are fascinating, Little One."

"Why do you seek honor in her name?"

"I will tell you if you come sit." She tapped the space beside her.

"I... I... cannot stay... I must..."

"Come sit, Little One," she insisted, deaf to my protests.

I glanced around with apprehension. The loud moans and cries of pleasure streaming in from the hallway made me feel uneasy, welcoming the idea of sitting next to her, alone, in a dark corner, still semi hard with vain thoughts clawing through my head. Nonetheless, I advanced and took a seat beside her cautiously.

"You don't owe me an explanation for your loyalties, neither do I demand it. In truth, my question was rhetorical," I explained, pinning my gaze on the floor.

"You don't know the queen like I do. She has her faults. And there might be areas in her kingdom it seems she has failed to oversee properly. But she has her heart in a good place."

"Very well." I made to move when I felt her hand wrapped around my wrist.

Her palm was hardened, and calloused. They were rough against my skin, nothing like that of a high chief who never did any hard labor with their bare hands. The roughness of them solidified my previous conclusion that she was indeed, a brain-washed servant girl. Not a high born, preaching the gospel of queen because they had no knowledge of what it was like to be born white.

I lowered my gaze to our hands and found myself leaning into the calloused texture. Her thumb rubbed over my hand slowly and heat rushed through me.

"You have left my previous question unanswered."

Slowly, my gaze traveled up to her eyes and I parted my lips just a little to allow myself breathe easier. "If you kissed me... would you finally free me from your presence," I asked, feeling the weight of my troubled cock between my legs.

"I haven't held you captive, Little One."

"But you have," I whispered.

"Then you must forgive me. It is not within my ability to restrain myself. I feel as though I am charmed by the finest of witchcraft." A little smile crept between her lips and mine followed.

Deities of DeceitOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara