7.

The Prettymuch Crib

Edwin

"Is that Lennon Lennon? Like Lennon in New York? Lennon the Matisse lover?" Brandon seemed to be just as surprised as I was.

"I mean, the painting shipped from New York," Austin spoke up.

"Besides, why does it feel like B knows something we don't?" Nick asked.

"Basically, there's a real chance Edwin knows this Lennon," Brandon explained.

"Is she single?" Zion asked, and I shot him a look, "What?"

"The girl's got talent," Zion shrugged in response.

"I wouldn't know because I haven't spoken to her in a long time," I mumbled.

"Okay, what is going on?" Austin asked, setting the painting beside him gently.

*

"Bro... how did we not know this?" Nick asked. To be honest, I was proud of B relaying the story to the boys just the same way I'd told it to him.

"And technically, she could be single, but I don't stand a chance?" Zion asked

"Zion, focus," Austin rolled his eyes before chuckling.

"Right, okay," Zion cleared his throat. "Ed, I think you've just been given another chance. I personally believe that it's not a coincidence that you two have this opportunity to reunite."

"Facts," Brandon nodded.

"The question is where do we go from here?" Austin says.

One of the most comforting things the guys did was when they used 'we' when one person had to face a problem.

"There are so many options, I think," Nick stated. "She probably has an Instagram -"

"Uh, if someone didn't speak to me for three years and the first thing they do is send me a DM after those years, I won't be very happy," Zion said. "Why do that when you can go to them in person?"

Brandon and I looked at each other before I spoke up, "I plan on going to New York."

"Without us?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, I discussed it with Brandon first, so you guys didn't know," I told them. "I didn't know if she was still in New York, but clearly she is, so that's a relief."

"When, though? We're, like, busy till next month," Austin looked at me.

"Yeah, we concluded in July? Like the first week in July. It's the soonest we're gonna catch a breath."

"This is so trippy, I'm not even going to lie," Nick says. "Like, what are the odds?"

"I think we should check her Instagram, though," Austin said. "I think it was on the UGallery?"

"I doubt she has one," I told the guys. "Lennon was one of those people who could go weeks without using insta or Twitter."

My mind traveled back to times when we would hang out or meet up with mutual friends, and she wouldn't for once turn on her phone. She was always present, and it was one of the things I'd admired about her.

"Yeah, but it's been three years," Brandon said.

"I couldn't find her on Insta anymore. I think she deleted her account at some point."

"Nah, I think I found her," we all looked at Nick, who was looking down at his phone. "And damn, she's kind of a big deal. Pharell follows her, that's crazy. ""

We all gathered around Nick, and my eyes widened.

"I'm not even trying to be funny or anything," Zion started, "but she is pretty as hell

"I'm not even trying to be funny or anything," Zion started, "but she is pretty as hell."

The boys nodded in agreement with Zion as their eyes were stuck to the screen. They weren't lying. I couldn't believe my eyes. Lennon looked stunning, and if I'd ever thought that she couldn't get any more beautiful, I definitely didn't know what I was saying then.

"And talented, too," Brandon added before looking at me, "This is who you abandoned in New York, Ed?"

I was at a loss for words, so I didn't respond to what Brandon said. I couldn't believe how undiscerning I had been. Lennon loved art, but it never occurred to me to ever try looking out for an art page or if she ever owned one. Once I'd seen that her previous Instagram page didn't exist anymore, I just ran with it. I also couldn't believe how good she looked and how much she had changed in three years.

I couldn't help but develop mixed feelings at her progress and apparent success. If she had such a large following and she had just sold her 200th artwork, then she definitely was on her way to being even more known as an artist. I'd always known she would do great stuff with art, but I'd always thought that I would be there to witness it. To encourage her and support her through everything. I couldn't begin to imagine how much work she must have put and was still putting.

All I knew was that I was that overall, I was incredibly proud of her, but I also wanted to be by her side.

"Damn, the girl can paint, though," Nick said.

"She always loved to paint," I told them. "We would always go for sip and paints and visit the art galleries in New York on some weekends... it was great. I'm not even surprised she's doing so well."

"Do you seriously think she hasn't moved on?" Austin asked, running his fingers through his hair.

Nick nodded. "Yeah, I mean, bro... it wouldn't be shocking if she does have someone she's with."

"I don't know how I'd feel about that, though, if I'm honest," I sighed. "I mean, it'll just be deluded of me to not think about how realistic that is. It's been three freaking years."

"Well, we're still taking that trip to New York," Brandon said.

"Yeah," I nodded in agreement with him. "I think that regardless of if she's with anyone or not, I owe it to her to make things right."

"In the meantime, we could just support her from the distance?" Zion looked at each of us. "Maybe buy some of her artworks?"