10.

I spent most of my time in the past two weeks with Salem, and I really was having a good time. It was unbelievable. It was unbelievable that I'd been denying myself this ability to just live and laugh more. It was interesting getting to know Salem daily - I learnt something new about him every day. It was also nice to have meaningful conversations with him.

I was starting to open myself up to him a bit more because I saw how he did that with me. On certain days, I reminded myself to check that I wasn't just hanging out with him solely as a means of distraction, but because I actually enjoyed being around him. However, it didn't stop the fact that Eddie didn't cross my mind from time to time. The only good part was just that it didn't hurt as much as before.

That was progress.

On days when Salem and I were together, we were either checking places out, or I was hanging out with him while he was on set taking pictures. He would order food for both of us, or we would go to the nearest restaurant to get lunch. On days when he worked late, we would also have dinner together before he proceeded to take me home.

Days when we were both busy with our own stuff and we were not together, we would text for most parts of the day. On two different occasions, he had  sent breakfast and a set of sushi over to the house. It was incredibly thoughtful because I'd only casually mentioned that it had been a while since I had sushi. I looked forward to being around him when we weren't physically together.

From: Alexa Chang
Subject: Invitation to Showcase Your Work at Luces y Sombras.

Dear Lennon McKenna,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Alexa Chang, and I am reaching out to you regarding the upcoming Luces y Sombras, one of New York's most prestigious art exhibitions taking place on the 12th of July, 2023 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I am incredibly impressed by your exceptional talent and artistic style, which is why I am thrilled to extend this invitation to you to participate in our upcoming exhibition. We believe that your work would be a perfect fit for our event, and we are confident that it would captivate our audience and contribute to the overall success of the exhibition.

Participating in Luces y Sombras would offer you a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure within the New York art scene, connect with even more fellow artists and art enthusiasts, and potentially expand your network within the industry. In addition, our exhibition provides extensive promotion and marketing support to all participating artists, ensuring maximum visibility for your work.

We would be honored to feature your artwork at Luces y Sombras and showcase it to our esteemed attendees. If you are interested in participating, please let us know at your earliest convenience, and we will provide you with further details regarding the exhibition, deadlines, and any additional information you may require.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Alexa Chang
Art Exhibition Organiser,
Luces y Sombras.

My eyes widened at the email before quickly going over it again.

"I'm not sure what's got you looking like that, but I want to hear all about it," I heard Zee say, and I looked up at her immediately, "You will not believe this, Zee."

"Oh, I'm interested," she set her iPad aside.

"I've just been invited to showcase my work at an exhibition, and you could never guess where it's taking place," I wanted to scream in excitement.