11.

I spent the next one week working on new art to submit for the exhibition, and after confirming my availability to participate in it, I was informed that the deadline for submission would be three days from today. I had participated in exhibitions where I had to hand in my work in one week, so I was in no rush at all. I was already done with the work, and I looked forward to spending time with Zee and Salem. 

Me and Zee would go shopping for dresses tomorrow, and I wasn't sure who was more excited between us. The day after that, I would have to frame the artworks and print some business cards with Salem. He had free time on his hands and promised to do them with me. 

Thankfully, transporting it there would be handled by the art handlers from the museum, all I had to do was make sure everything was done and ready to be picked up in three days. 

...

"Thank you so much for helping me with these, Salem, I really appreciate it," I told him him as we worked on framing my artworks together. I mean, he was doing most of the work, but I also had to do something to help out a little bit. We had selected the frame which would be perfect for the artworks, and I was pleased with our choice. 

"I'm happy to help," he looked up at me with a smile, "plus, spending time with you is a bonus." 

His words made me grin madly. It was my third time being at his photo studio, and it was my third time marveling at it. It was so elegant, and the walls were painted in a soft, neutral tone which made it a perfect backdrop for the different photographs displayed on it. However, it was my first time being in the framing room.

The framing room was like being in another world completely. The lighting was soft, and there was something about the ambiance. 

"These art pieces are brilliant, though, how long did it take?" Salem looked at me.

"Uh, six days in total," I recalled, "and I'm happy you think they're good." 

"How do you feel? I mean, exhibiting this at the Met." 

"Like I'm in a dream I certainly do not want to wake up from," we chuckled and I continued, "I'm super excited, I can't wait. Zee and I spent the whole yesterday shopping for dresses."

"Find any good stuff?" 

"Awesome stuff," I nodded.

"Can't wait to see it, I bet you'll look amazing," he gave a small wink that made me smile again, "Wait. You'll be there?" 

"Yep," he nodded, "Remember the time I had to shoot for Vanity Fair?"

"Mhm," I nodded,.

"So, this guys Clinton who's actually the visual director for the magazine happened to be on the set. He said he liked my work ethic, how I made people I was working with comfortable, and how nice the pictures came out. After the shoot, he asked for my contact. Since I don't work for Vanity Fair, he literally just refers me to really cool events. He told me about the exhibition few days ago. Said there would be some high-profile celebrities there." 

My eyes widened, "Salem, that's wonderful! You're so good at what you do, you deserve that." 

"Thank you", he had a shy smile on his face.

"So, what makes you so good at it? You only graduated last year and you're doing all these incredible stuff."

"Honestly, it's nothing that no one else is doing, I'd like to assume," he shrugged, "first off, I'm really into photography, I could talk about it for hours on end. I knew right after leaving university that I'd love to have my own space for photography so I started saving for it from my first year. From first year, I already started building my own portfolio, attending small events and networking with other photographers. The next thing I did was create an Instagram account and I just kept at it for all those years. I didn't get a major high-paid shoot until my final year right before graduating."

"What was it for?" 

"It was for a fashion show," he smiled, "and honestly, I was supposed to be helping the stylist pick out different looks for the models since I studied fashion design, too. I was messing around and took a picture of one of the models who really loved the picture. The main stylist heard her gush about it, and that was how I ended up taking pictures at the show."

"That's impressive, Salem," I truly was impressed, and it confirmed to me something I'd always known. Behind every successful person everyone could see, there were years where they were completely hidden and doing so much hard work. "What else is exciting right now? Any new projects apart from the exhibition at the Met." 

"Uh, I was contacted for a GQ shoot next week, just two days before the exhibition, so that'll come first."

"No way," I grinned, "do you know who you'll be shooting?" 

"Yeah, some really cool guys in a band if I'm correct. I'll have to look through my email again."

"Are you looking forward to it?"

"Hell, yeah," he nodded. "I'm happiest when I'm taking pictures." 

"It's the same way I feel when painting."

"So, tell me how did you get to this point with your art?" 

Talking about painting always hurt in a weird way because I could never talk about my love for painting without thinking about Eddie. 

...

 Prettymuch Crib

Edwin

"So, there's an exhibition happening at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 12th July," Austin announced, "isn't that sick?"

"Insanely sick, bro, we have to check it out," Brandon nodded.

"Do we have to get tickets or anything?" Nick asked, and Austin shook his head, "Not really. There's the regular ticket which is free, and then, there's another ticket which is like a VIP ticket, but not really a VIP ticket?"

"How much is it? And what does getting that ticket mean?" Zion asked from where he lay down.

"There's a private reception, a lounge, meet and greet with the artists, and exclusive souvenirs," Austin read off his phone. 

"That doesn't sound bad, count me in for that one," Nick said, and the others agreed.

"Ed? How about you?" Brandon looked at me.

"Am I really gonna have to wait until after the 12th of July to start looking for Lennon?" 

"She's kind of a big deal, right?" Austin asked rhetorically, "have you considered that just maybe she'd be at the exhibition?" 

My eyes went wide in realization, and I grabbed my phone immediately, searched for her Instagram account and opened the very first picture which was newly added.

Liked by ryandestiny and 12,045 others

lennon.mckenna the face of a happy, excited girl who will be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art exhibiting her works on the 12th of July. come through if you're in nyc, i want to see all of youuuu! 

check lucesysobras for more info!

372 comments

"Youre right, Austin," I nodded at him before looking at the others, "she'll be there."