The new Captain (part 1)

"This job is eating me alive, I can't breathe anymore. I spent all these years trying to be the good guy, the man in the white hat. I'm not becoming like them, I AM THEM".

"HEY! What are you doing weirdo?" Amy said, with a confused look on her face.

"Are you done? I have to go to the bathroom urgently, so let's hurry and finish... this" Y/n said, pointing to the crime scene.

"Santiago I was doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco, or actually, ten of me are doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco; and Y/n, there is a bush outside, if mother nature calls you know where to go" Jake said, winking.

"Get it together man, 'kay?"

"Why did I come?" Y/n asked in exasperation.

"Because you wanted to be with me, of course. We are work-buddies" he held his fist up for her to do the same, but she didn't, so he grabbed her fist and
made it slam his, "boom".

"I would have preferred a cow to eat me, or a pig" she said.

"So someone could have indirectly eaten you?"

"You know me so well" she said, smirking.

"So, the store was hit two hours ago, they took mostly tablets, laptops, and cameras-"

Jake switched on a keyboard which began playing a '80s hip-hop beat.

"Sorry", he said, not sounding sorry at all.

"Does this do other beats besides 80s hip-hop ones?" Y/n asks curiously.

"I don't know, let me try-".

"NO, stop", Amy said, then she turned to talk to the store owner, "I'd like a list of all your employees whoever had access to the store. I'd also like to apologize for my partner, his parents didn't give him enough attention".

"Ooh she's talking about you-".

"Uh detective, I already solved the case. We're looking for three white males, one of whom has sleeve tats on both arms".

"And how do you know that?".

"I had an informer on the outside, he's been here for years. Watching, learning, waiting. His code name? Fuzzy cuddle bear, he's a nanny cam".

"Ugh, you got lucky" Amy scoffed.

"No I get here five minutes before you and I figured that in this gigantic electronic store there had to be at least a working camera".

"He forced me to come here with him earlier, what a waste of time" Y/n sighed.

"Ssssh, look. Oh! Hi bad guys. You did it fuzzy, you basted 'em, it's time to come home".

As Fuzzy: "I'm not sure if I can, I've been undercover for so lo-" Y/n cut him off, plucking Fuzzy from his hands, "Hey!"

"The least you can do is buy me breakfast" she said, pretending to be angry.

"Will be a pleasure" he said and ran off to the car.

"How can you handle him? I thought you were pretending, now it's starting to feel like the opposite" Amy said, with a playful look.

"If you don't want to go crazy, I suggest you go along with it" Y/n said smiling, giving Amy Fuzzy, "See you later".

"Yeah...".

Jake was waiting for her in the car, as soon as he saw her, he roll down the window wearing sunglasses, with a serious look.

"Did you change your mind?"