Sal's Pizza (part 2)

Y/n, Jake and Charles were facing Boone, next to them was Holt who was speaking,
"I apologize, Marshal Boone, for detective Peralta's actions, something I find myself doing quite frequently".

"In my defense, I was the only one saying we should stop hitting" Jake tried to defend himself and Y/n slapped him on the shoulder.

       ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Stop hitting them! Kicking them will hurt more!" Jake screamed, as he held Marshal under his arm to keep him from moving.

˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚end of flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Okay, I'm a reasonable man, so I'm just gonna say this. Fire Peralta immediately. He started a fight. He overstepped his jurisdiction. And he's obsessed with this pizza place" Boone tried to explain.

"He didn't start a fight" Y/n scoffed, trying to defend him, but he put a hand on her shoulder to indicate that he could do it on his own and started shouting, "what I'm obsessed with is how you're bungling this investigation. They should write a song about it called welcome to the bungle" Jake joked, and high-fived Y/n and Charles.
"Seriously, why are you dragging sal's pizza through the mud? That place is special".

"Why's it special?" Holt asked.

"Because it's the best pizza in the neighborhood! And Y/n and I have a lot of memories in that place" Jake replied and Y/n nodded.

"Well..." Charles muttered.

"According to Charles' email blast, it's actually number eight" Holt interrupted.

"Captain reads my blast" Charles was surprised and Y/n put her hands on his shoulders to keep him from fainting.

"Of course, it's the only one that measures mouth-feel" Holt mentioned.

"What, are you kidding right now?" Jake complained, taking Y/n's hands off Charles' shoulders.

"This isn't about pizza, nor memories with Y/n . What's it actually about?" Holt interrogated.

"When I was a kid, I was shortstop on my little league team-" Jake started to explain but Boone interrupted him, "oh, my god", Y/n shushed him "sssh, let him talk".

"Thanks. It's the truth. It's not a brag. My dad was the coach, and after every game, he would take the team to Sal's. Halfway through our last season, he left me and my mom, and the worst part about it was that I couldn't go with him to Sal's anymore" Jake looked very uncomfortable, Y/n smiled slightly and reassured him by stroking his shoulder, he just smiled back at her.

"Well, that's certainly not what I expected this
to be about" Holt apologized, in his own unique way.

Boone started to cry, "sorr--I'm sorry. I'm sorry
that happened to you. I mean, what kind of dad just-- just leaves his son like that? Look, you're-- you're a cop and-- and I'm a firefighter, but underneath all of it, we're just two boys whose dads abandoned them. And you and I, we're gonna solve this thing, together. Okay?" Marshal came closer to him, really close, with his eyes swollen.

"Okay" Jake replied.

"Okay. Yeah.
But first, let's hug like men" Marshal hugged him tightly, crying.

"Oh, boy. This is happening." Jake whispered to himself.

Then Boone took Holt by the shoulder and pulled him into the hug "captain, get in here".

Holt hugged him and began to reassure him in a monotone tone "there, there. There, there. There".

"I'm coming in" Charles announced, hugging them tightly.