Christmas (Part 2)

"Boyle, what are you doing here? I thought you had to catch a flight" Jake scoffed, irritated.

"I do. My flight is in six hours. But the captain
texted me to come, so I'm here. And I brought Y/n with me, I needed moral support" Charles explained, as Y/n waved lightly.

"What?! You texted Boyle when you told me you were texting your husband? As the person who's completely in charge here, I am very disappointed. I'm changing your codename to 'bad boy'" Jake felt betrayed and surprised, pointing his finger at Holt as he spoke.

"Oh I can't imagine what it's like  to be disappointed at someone under your command" Holt rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I see what you're doing. Tushy" Jake yelled, not taking his finger off Holt's face.

"It's touche" Ray corrected him in confusion.

"Well, I'm in charge, and I say it's tushy. Boyle?" Jake turned to Charles, to seek his usual support, since he couldn't get any more from Y/n.

"I've heard it both ways. Please don't involve me in this. Y/n?" Charles tried to shift the stressful situation into someone else's hands.

"It's touché" Y/n scoffed, then whispered "idiot".

"What did you say?" Jake asked, turning to Y/n.

"Handcuff the captain and take him to his old precinct" Boyle begged and sighed.

"What? Old precinct? Wait a minute. You weren't going home at all. You were going to investigate the threat because it's not a hoax, it's real!" Peralta yelled again, always with his finger pointed at Holt's face.

"Wrong, it's not real" Holt defended himself.

"You're lying! You have a tell. When you lie, the corner of your mouth moves, and it just moved" Jake said proud of himself.

"Fine. I believe the threat is real, though i'm not sure who's behind it. But this is my problem, and i'm gonna solve it on my own.
Boyle, uncuff me" the captain said in a firm voice, turning to Charles.

"Don't do it, Charles. I'll take you on that trip to the botanical gardens we've always talked about" Peralta said in a high-pitched voice.

"Uncuff me, and that's a direct order" Holt said angrier than before.

Charles's gaze moved from Holt to Jake as Y/n watched him, leaning on the arm of the chair Boyle sat in, arms crossed and one eyebrow raised.

"Don't do it, best friend. Botanical gardens" Jake sang.

"Ah! this is just like Christmas at my parents' house. Why do they have separate dining rooms? I--" Boyle took Holt's wrist and handcuffed himself to him, throwing away the key, as Y/n gasped and laughed.

"No!" Both shouted, "that was not one of the options!" Jake added.

"I couldn't choose, I love you both so much".

"Y/n, don't you have another key?" Holt asked hopefully.

"No, you have deprived me of the handcuffs since the last incident, remember?" Y/n explained, rising from the arm of the chair and standing in front of them, looking at everyone but Jake.

"Right, when you tied Scully to his desk so he wouldn't finish the cake I brought for Clara's birthday" Boyle chuckled, then he looked at Holt and stopped laughing, clearing his throat.

"Yeah, and got tied to his desk for 3 days because it was thought to be normal" Jake chuckled too, turning to Y/n, and stopped laughing, then sighed, "who wants to watch safe house?".
_____________________________