xChapter 5 - The Moore The Merrier! (1)

"Wait wait, slow down Alex, how do you know Elizabeth again?" Marcus asks.

Marcus, Ronnie, & Alex were sitting at a booth in the Mexican restaurant "Burrito Bistro", with Alex having a burrito in his hand as he begins to explain his past with Elizabeth.

"I first met her back in middle school since we were both in the Chess Club & Basket Weaving Clubs," Alex began.

"Wait Basket Weaving?" Ronnie asked.

"Yeah and?"

"Oh nothing, just didn't expect that from you."

"Anyways, our parents are friends with one another but we don't chat all too much, in fact, she dropped out of all the clubs we shared towards the end of middle school. I thought she didn't really care about me, so I'm a bit shocked to see she was the one who asked for your help."

"Oh I get that," Ronnie began, "when we were hanging out and talking while trying to learn more about you, she didn't really seem too invested in the case but more so just spending time with Marcus & I. Wonder why."

As Alex & Ronnie try to come up with any possible idea as to why this is the case, Marcus just looks dumbfounded at the two of them.

"Uh, maybe it was because she was lonely?" Marcus proposed.

"Marcus you're a genius!" Ronnie exclaimed, "she must have no friends!"

Since Ronnie said that a bit too loudly, the other patrons in the restaurant and Mesto-Presto – a waiter – just gives them a weird look.

"S-sorry," Ronnie said before turning his attention back to the group.

"I mean I guess so, in our math class she doesn't really chat with anyone and the only time that happens is when someone tries to start an argument with her," Alex says while looking out the window of the restaurant towards the night sky, "maybe I should've chatted with her more instead of collecting money."

As Alex begins to ponder these thoughts, Ronnie reaches over the table to flick Alex's forehead. Alex turns to Ronnie and begins to fume.

"What was that for?!" Alex asked.

"You were busy focusing on stuff you couldn't change, the best you can do is try and make an effort now," Ronnie explains.

"Oh...thanks I guess," Alex began to say as he calmed down, "but how are we supposed to start up a conversation with her? We can't just go 'Hey Elizabeth, did you like watching my face get punched the other day?' we have to be smart about this."

As Ronnie & Alex began pondering countless different possible conversation starts, Marcus looked at the two dumbfounded before saying, "Why not just ask her if she can join the club?"

Ronnie & Alex turned toward Marcus and looked at him as if he was the smartest person in the room.

"Besides, I think Elizabeth would be fun to have in the club," Marcus said while Alex & Ronnie nodded to every word that he said.

"Okay then, let's do it!" Ronnie exclaimed, "tomorrow in school, we're gonna try and recruit Elizabeth!'

Alex smirked while Marcus nodded.

"Excuse me," someone began to say.

The trio looked to see that it was Mesto-Presto, an employee of Burrito Bistro, that was talking to them.

"Can you please keep the noise down?"

"Oh, sorry sir."

________________________________

In the halls of Starlight High, Elizabeth Moore is walking through them and avoids all of the people as she does so. However, she suddenly feels a hand on her shoulder causing her to spin around and see Ronnie smiling at her.

"Hey, Eli! I got something to ask you-" Ronnie began to say before Elizabeth quickly scurried away and got lost in the crowd.

____________________________________

In math class, Elizabeth is trying to take some notes on the math slide when a piece of paper is tossed onto her desk, she turns to see that it was Alex who tossed it at her. Alex motions for her to read what's on the paper. Elizabeth, instead of following his instructions, tosses the paper in the garbage. Alex goes to try and write another note but the bell rings and Elizabeth quickly leaves the class.

_________________________

In the cafeteria, Elizabeth is eating her lunch all by herself when she notices Marcus walking toward her table.

"Yo Elizabeth can we talk-," Marcus tries to tell Elizabeth however Elizabeth quickly slides under the lunch table and rolls away from Marcus.

_________________________

"I don't get it, she seemed so eager to talk to us, why doesn't she want to now?!" Ronnie asks while sitting at a desk.

He was in Mr. Amnestor's classroom for the club meeting. The only other person in the room besides Ronnie, Alex, & Marcus was X Locke, who was taking another test.

"I don't know, I even tried communicating with a bird to send her a letter just like people did hundreds of years ago but all the bird did was toss the letter in a lake," Marcus said deflated.

"Why did you think that would work?" Alex asks.

"I didn't I was just desperate."

At those words, X Locke begins to start laughing.

"Oh, you want to add something to the conversation?" Ronnie asked snarkily.

"Hey, I'm a junior, treat me with respect!" X Locke began, "and you guys haven't really done all options."

"I'll only respect you once you manage to complete a test on time," Ronnie murmured to himself.

"What do you mean by all options," Marcus asked.

"It's simple really, you guys have been trying to talk to her when the easy option for her would be to just ignore her, so how about you try talking to her when she doesn't have an easier choice besides talking to you," X explained.

"Where are we gonna find that opportunity?" Marcus questioned.

"I think I have an idea," Alex responds.

______________________

That night, in an apartment room, the front door opens as Elizabeth Moore enters.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home" Elizabeth shouts.

As Elizabeth closes the door she can hear laughter coming from the kitchen. Curious, she walks over to see her parents & two younger siblings talking to Alex, Marcus, & Ronnie. Elizabeth's mom sees Elizabeth looking confused with no idea what to say.

"Oh welcome home! We were just talking to these wonderful friends that you have, and they're going to be having dinner with us," Elizabeth's mom explains.

"Oh hey Eli, long time no see," Ronnie says while smirking, "since we're all here, you wanna chat?"

See You Next Chapter!~