chapter 2

-

She's the best thing

you ever lost

And you'll realize this

When it's too late

– r.h. Sin

-

Ankit - Present

Ankit didn't feel it when she left, but god knows that he feels everything now. That he made a mistake letting her go and he knows it.

It took a while but the minute he reached home, everything clicked in. He didn't realize he was in love. He wasn't able to understand her feelings. Ankit felt his world crumble as he realized he couldn't text her asking her for forgiveness, she had already blocked his number. She wasn't joking when she said she never wanted to see him again.

He lives, breathes, and goes on with his life. But with every step he remembers her and her laughter rings in his head.

Udaariyaan's anniversary was coming up and Ankit had to attend the reunion. At first he hesitated but some part inside him wanted to see how Priyanka would be doing now. He did see her posts on social media and she seemed pretty happy. Without him. But still he'd hope that this time he can make it up to her and talk to her with an open mind.

Priyanka - Present

The Udaariyaan anniversary was coming up and Priyanka had her dress ready. Her heart clenched at the thought of if he'd be there.

"Baby" Rohan's hands sneak around her waist. Oh, Rohan, her boyfriend. Priyanka had met Rohan at her friend's birthday party. They hit off right away and she had a slight crush on him. Rohan had expressed his feelings towards her and they entered a relationship a couple of months ago.

They're happily together. She's bringing him to the Udaariyaan reunion because she wants to introduce him to her old co-workers and get him within her circle.

She holds his hands that are wrapped around her waist and feels him bury his face in the crook of her neck.

"Did you get your suit ready?"

"I did, don't worry"

Rohan became such a normal person in her life. After some time she lost that spark with him, the attraction but Priyanka figured that it was just because she had gotten so used to him and his presence.

Rohan twirls her around in his arms, tugging her close. "You always shine and you're going to shine at the party too. How can I hide you from the world?"

Priyanka laughs, "Just be by my side."