chapter 7

A couple of weeks later, their fourth encounter happens. This time for a music video. Ankit's team had told him that they had not yet found the female actor for the song. Priyanka was just happy about the audition and was looking forward to working on yet another music video. When they met on the set, they were in shock and yet in awe.

Ankit had his Fateh look with his full beard and Priyanka was looking gorgeous in her regular comfort fit. As per usual, she had followed the trends. The director on set took one take of Priyanka's audition and figured that she was the perfect fit with Ankit.

Their goal in this song was to portray two lovers who were torn away by force and were brought together through fate. In the middle of the song when they were to be brought together and Priyanka found herself staring at Ankit as per script. She felt her eyes start to burn from the build up on oncoming tears.

"One second" She tells the set.

Ankit follows her as she quickly walks to her dressing room. "What happened?"

"Nothing"

"It's not nothing if you're crying. If you consider me your friend, then you'd tell me"

This caused Priyanka to cry harder, she reached towards Ankit's shirt on instinct and started to cry on his chest. Ankit simply wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her head. He rubs her arms in the slow gentle movement which he has always used.

"You were doing so well. You looked absolutely wonderful out there. You're ruining your makeup right now by crying"

Priyanka continues to cry.

"I know you don't want to hear this. But I have missed you a lot. Working with you didn't make me realize this, but what came after the Bigg Boss house made me realize it for sure"

This picked up Priyanka's interest. Her crying ceases as she begins to listen to him while listening to his calming heartbeat. His embrace was everything.

"Before I went into the house, I wasn't as keen on getting into relationships. My main goal was to push my limits and see how this would help me in the long run. By chance I got to see you there. You were my comfort person. I started to gain some liking in there as I had stated-"

A knock interrupts their moment.

"We are coming in 15 minutes!" Ankit yells.

He continues to rub her back and starts to speak to her again, "As I had said, I started to feel some liking towards you. But I wanted to be sure about my feelings. When you asked me what I felt when I had seen you after a while. I wanted to spend more time with you before even confirming what I was feeling. It is a supposed situation. What if I only felt that during the high time in the house?"

"You were with me during Udariyaan" Priyanka mutters into his chest.

"That I was but this is different. The feelings were new, I was feeling different. You were such a good friend of mine and if we did not work out then what would I tell you and how would things go?"

Priyanka starts to think. Should I trust him? He is explaining his side of things and it sounds about right.

"I'm not saying this to make you seem wrong, Beta. You needed to wait and listen to my side, especially since this was the first time I confessed that I even felt something"

The familiar word Beta tugged at Priyanka's heartstrings.

Priyanka felt guilt. She had not bothered to listen to Ankit. She was rash and that was immature of her. Ankit had every right to take his time because those were his feelings.

"Why didn't you contact me then?"

"I tried but you had blocked me"

"Oh"

"And now you're in a relationship with a guy so forget all this, it's okay" Ankit starts to pull away.

"No" Priyanka pulls him closer to her.

"Hm?"

"I'm not in a relationship. At least not anymore. He left me because..." Her voice trails off, muffled in his chest.

Ankit rubs her back, "Whatever it is you don't have to tell me"

"He left me because he knew"

Ankit frowns. Knew what?

"He could tell that I loved you"

"Priyanka, I-"

"This time you don't have to say anything, take your time" Priyanka pulls back a small smile taking over her lips.

"One more thing, I don't know about marriage."

"Why? That's the thing you wanted the most"

"The person I love doesn't want it"

Sadness was evident in Priyanka's eyes. A new layer of tears appeared.

"So? You'd give it up? That's not how it works" Ankit frowns, grasping her chin. "You know that whatever it is, I will always support you. But the main thing is that I just want you to be happy"

"You still don't understand"

They move closer till their foreheads touch.

"What?"

"That I can't be without the person I love so much. It hurts too much, Anki"

The minute the nickname fell off her lips, Ankit felt his heart skip a beat. He longed to hear that nickname off of her sweet lips for such a while. He leans in on impulse, his nose brushing against hers.

Priyanka fists Ankit's shirt and closes her eyes.

A knock interrupts their moment as a voice on the other side of the door asks them to come out and Ankit grows irritated.

"Yaar, look at their timing" He huffs.

"That's okay" Priyanka grows shy and looks down with a smile.

He pokes her cheeks. "You're shy"

She swats his hand away, "No I'm not"

"You weren't shy the first time" Ankit smirks.

"This is why I say you're dirty minded. You think of this stuff way too often"

They hear another knock, but this time Ankit pulls Priyanka to him, kissing her cheek and whispering in her ear, "Let's talk later"

Priyanka feels butterflies in her stomach and she remains stuck in her spot while Ankit goes to answer the door.

She watches him take the guy in a headlock and ask him why he was disturbing them which got her to laugh. For the first time in two years she felt like she laughed with her whole heart.