chapter 8

Their shoot was filled with love when love was required. They felt the electricity shoot up their bodies whenever a single touch was initiated. They couldn't wait for the shoot to be over for the day. At the end of the day, Priyanka got ready to leave. She was wearing a crop top that showed off her stomach and jeans.

Priyanka started to walk out when she slipped and closed her eyes ready for the impact but felt strong arms around her waist instead. She opened her eyes to be faced with Ankit.

The moment felt just like the many times Fateh had caught Tejo. Priyanka felt like Tejo as she was looking at Ankit. Was this how Tejo fell for Fateh? She admired his defined nose and jawline and when she looked down she saw the veins in his arms.

Ankit lifts her up back into place. "You're checking me out" He has a playful smile on his face.

"No I'm not"

"I saw your eyes, they looked at me up and do-"

Priyanka covers his mouth. "Shush"

Ankit looks at her with big puppy eyes and raises his arms, surrendering.

They decide to go to a restaurant where they could talk in peace. Once their food comes around, they both dive in, starving. Priyanka brings forth her spoon to Ankit's lips.

"Try this"

Ankit takes a bite and hums content.

"You wanted to talk?"

"What do you like about me?" A serious look crosses Ankit's face as he asks this.

"I like how you care about others. How you are respectful. I know you're a good guy. I like how you're loyal. You know your relationships and you know how to maintain them. You've learned and you've grown from life experiences. You're a self-made man. You are hardworking. You change when needed but otherwise you remain the same you"

Ankit grows silent at the mini speech.

"I've been hurt a lot in the past. When I last dated someone, I really thought that this was you know pyaar. Because I was so invested in it. I really loved them. And I think that must've been pyaar because what else could it have been?"

Priyanka notices that Ankit's starting to fidget with his fingers and his eyes are expressing hurt. She holds his hand from across the table giving strength for him to continue.

"It's not like I'm not over her. But I feel like I'm not worthy of someone. When I got cheated on, I felt like I was not good enough. It didn't hit me that I was cheated on until later when they finally told me and after that commitment scared me. The name of commitment scared me itself. I was scared of losing the person that I love the most to other things, I was scared that one day they would find someone better than me and leave me behind. That I'd be all alone. I was not afraid of loving. Loving is wonderful. To love someone is an amazing feeling but I do not feel like I'm deserving of it-"

Priyanka's eyes start to water. She drinks water from her glass and looks over to Ankit. He shares a pained expression and she gives him an encouraging smile.

"You deserve it. If they left you then they didn't see your worth, Anki" She squeezes his hand. "And they hadn't left you then you wouldn't have met me"

Priyanka lets out a watery laugh. "You know, I see where you come from. Your hurt hurts me. You deserve all the love in the world, Anki."

She walks over to Ankit and squishes his cheeks, which had felt like an eternity. For the first time in a while, Priyanka initiated the forehead kiss. She closed her eyes and kissed his forehead. Ankit closed his eyes, letting the sensation sink in.