chapter 3

A couple of days pass and it is finally the day when Priyanka and Rohan go to the reunion. Priyanka has a long black gown that exposes her shoulders and is lengthy. She sits down on her bed after doing her makeup and worries. How would she react if Ankit were there?

She shakes her head and goes outside where Rohan was waiting for her. He helped her into his car and they both left to the party

Ankit

Ankit felt anxious. He couldn't wait to see her but he also didn't know how things would go. Would she forgive him?

He wore his white dress suit and got ready for the reunion. When the clock hit 6:30 pm, he started to leave his house.

Priyanka

On the ride to the reunion, Priyanka grew excited to see her old co-workers, just not him. She got lost in her thoughts and thought about how fun it would be.

Sooner or later, they reached the reunion party location. Rohan holds out his arm for Priyanka to take and Priyanka tangles her arm with his. When they go inside, Priyanka meets everyone with a huge smile and introduces Rohan as her boyfriend.

She didn't see Ankit around so she let loose thinking that Ankit wouldn't come around any time soon.

"Do you want to dance?" asked Rohan.

"Okay, let's dance"

Ankit

Ankit was growing extremely late to the party. He was stuck in a minor traffic jam and it was taking him a while. It took him an hour and when he got there, he was immediately swarmed by familiar places to which he smiled big and gave lots of hugs. He made general conversation with most before moving his head around to see if Priyanka had made it.

He finally sees Priyanka, her hair let down in loose curls and her arms around a guy's neck. They're dancing sensually with his hands on her hips. Ankit can't bring his eyes to leave them and his insides twist. His heart hurts seeing them together. Ankit watches as the guy leans down and says something in her ear to which Priyanka laughs at. The song turns into something very upbeat and the two start dancing with each other in a way that Ankit does not like. He looks down and reaches up to undo one button of his shirt.

Then he hears cheers as he sees the guy kiss Priyanka. Red. Red. Ankit sees red and he feels his heart break in a million pieces. He feels his eyes burn and he goes to the bar to see options for alcohol. He asks for some whiskey and sips at it, trying to ease the feeling in his chest. From his seat, he sees them dancing happily. He feels the lump in his throat growing tighter.

Ankit removes his coat and heads outside. He hadn't smoked in a while. He had gotten rid of the habit but every once in a while when things had gotten too stressful he had smoked a cigarette or two. He was in dire need of one, he reached into his pants for the cigarette box and his lighter. He took one cigarette out and played with it between his fingers and then brought it to his lips without lighting it.

Ankit closes his eyes and he sees Priyanka's smile. He feels everyone laughing at him, at his misery. At his stupidity. Because how could he let someone so beautiful go, when he knew that they meant the world to him. He wants to scream at the world for doing this to him because he couldn't bear seeing Priyanka with another man.

So he looks at the cigarette and his lighter once more. Not now, he thinks. He'd talk to her first. When he walks in, he sees Priyanka laughing at something the guy says again. This time the guy wraps his arm around her waist and kisses her lips passionately before signaling him going somewhere. Priyanka nods and smiles at him.

Ankit walks near Priyanka the minute the guy is gone and he takes her hand and brings her outside despite her protesting.