Chapter 8

Jack held a crystal in his hands, and after giving it a hard squeeze, the crystal shattered and out came a blue mist, which was swiftly absorbed by Jack's skin.

He then opened his hands and a torrent of flame shot out from his hands towards the ceiling. Just a moment later, the flames turned into ice and a large chunk of ice fell onto the floor, shattering loudly.

After this spectacle, he turned to look at Overwatch-3 with dead eyes.

"Damn, that was definitely something I never thought I would ever see in my life." Three muses.

"Very well!" Three stood up from his chair "I will be offering you a renewed contract while taking into account your new abilities!" Three reached into his suit pocket, and pulled out a folded up piece of paper.

Unfolding it, it turned out to be a work contract. After Jack quickly skimmed over it, he saw that it was several times more lucrative than his original one, although there was a catch. It was for life.

"I trust that you will sign this contract, by your own accord?" Three smiled.

Jack narrowed his eyes. "So the person who just threatened me with the life of my sister casually asks me to sign a contract pledging to work for him until my death?"

Three's smile widened, then he snapped his fingers.

From the corners of the room emerged several armed guards, all carrying automatic assault rifles.

"You don't really have a choice, kid. Honestly, we don't even really need to sign a contract. We can kill you anytime, anywhere we want if you betray us. Signing a contract just gives us a valid reason and an easier cover-up if we blow up your head in times square."

Jack scoffed "Well that's reassuring, but what about..." he looked nervously at the screen.

"Oh, your sister? She'll be in a hospital bed recovering and will have no recollection of the event by tomorrow. If mine only cared about me as much as you do for her..."

Three then kicked his feet up on the table, the tension in the room awkwardly dispersed as now the interrogator was talking to the suspect like an acquaintance.

When Jack finished signing his name on the contract, Three reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a card and a small folder, then tossed them in front of the table in front of Jack.

"Here is your new access card and files explaining this whole mess."

Jack looked at the card and folder in front of him incredulously. "You have all this in your pockets? You knew I was going to accept your offer?"

"Eh, only four fifths sure. We know how much you care for your sister but we don't know how much you value your secrets. I was planning on executing you myself if you rejected." Three reached into his suit pocket once more, causing Jack to flinch.

He pulled out an intricate looking pistol and tossed it on the table, landing with a heavy thud.

Upon further inspection, the entire thing looked to be made of gold, with numerous black inscriptions forming intricate looking text and an image of a western dragon with its mouth open near the end of the barrel.

"Argument Winner?" Jack read the inscriptions on the weapon, which was pulled and shoved back somewhere in Three's suit.

"Yes, one well placed shot into somebody's forehead during a heated argument and you've won it, forever."

Three then reached into his suit pocket once more and pulled out an exquisite box of cigarettes. "Don't know if you smoke and I frankly don't care. A single cig from that box costs a grand. Consider it a gift." Three tossed it on the table as well.