Teardrop in a Hamato's eyes

The photo does not belong to me!

_____________________________________

It was a dreary aura in the dojo as Leonardo didn't attend his classes for training and his students including Casey Jones worried more than ever for their dear master and sensei. 

Leonardo was becoming desperate as he ravaged through his library of scrolls for answers. He wished that there was something his ancestors have left behind as to why this threat is coming back and how to defeat it. He read and tossed every scroll he came across.

It was family tradition that each and every member of the Hamato family with the bloodline inside of them to write one scroll stating of their victories or biggest victory in their lifetime and what they did to win the battle. It was supposed to be educational and inspirational for the future generations to come.

Splinter already wrote his scroll which was kept away in a tightly kept mini-safe in his room. No one but him has seen it. There will come a time where Leo and his brothers will have to write a scroll themselves but they don't know what to write on "How" to defeat their enemies. Their most notable ones being the Shredder and the Krang, who almost LITERALLY destroyed the world! The Krang successfully doing so in an alternate time branch.

Leo: "No, no, no. NO! I can't find anything! There has to be something left behind that I could use!"

He tossed every scroll he skimmed and started on a new one. He had many ancestors, too much to count even.

As Leo searched his mind was plagued with thoughts of fear and doubt as to the possibilities that might come to hurt his family. Baron Draco killing both his fathers, Jayos and the Foot Clan capturing his brothers and their families, Desdemona and the M.A.Y.D.E.C.S. slaughtering his own wife and children. Every villain coming back to kill and push the yokai back to the shadows where they all once lived before.

His breaths were heavy and musky inside of the stuffy scroll room. He took a break and sat down in the pile as he took deep and quick breaths. Leo was all sweaty and in a panicked state of mind. He didn't want anything to happen to his family and life that they've worked so hard to achieve.

As he continued to rest his brothers came in with a knock.

Mikey: "Leo? Leo!"

Donnie: "Nardo, what's going on?"

Raph: "Are you alright?"

Leo shook his head as he stared into his brother's eyes and then continued to search through the piles of scrolls he left around.

Raph: "Leo, what are you doing? What are you trying to find through this mess?"

Leo: "Answers! I need answers from our ancestors! If we want a chance at beating Draco, the Foot clan, and Desdemona, we need to result to our ancestors for help!"

Mikey: "But in doing that aren't we going to be making the same mistake as Splinter did when he wanted us to infiltrate the Dark armor in Big Mama's train, 25 years ago?" 

Leo: "What choice do we have, Michael? I don't want those kids to suffer the same fate as us. Splinter may have given us the childhood he never had, but I want those kids to live with the acceptance we never had."

Donnie: "Leo, please! We beg of you not to push yourself too hard!"

Leo: "Why?!"

Donnie: "So that Grandmother Atsuko and Great-Grandpa Sho can rest in peace!"

Leo stood still for a second and so did his brothers as Donnie began to tear up. Donnie wiped his tears and continued.

Donnie: "Leo, when you stress yourself, you stress us. You stress dad! He's already going through a lot as it is! He lost his mother at youth and never got to mourn for her. He had a horrible relationship with his grandfather and turned his back from him without giving him a proper goodbye! Now he's dying in guilt knowing that he's truly never going to see them again or make amends to his past! And it's all because of Hildegard Krakinski!"