Chapter 1 Meeting The Team

A Few Months Later...

I was in my apartment, and I was eating my breakfast when I heard a knock on my door. I got up and answered it. It was Nick Fury.

"Fury."

Nick: Red Hood.

"What are you doing here?"

Nick: It's time.

I nodded and I went to get my outfit and afterwards me and him drove to a quinjet. We flew and we landed on a ship. I got off and I see a woman with light brown hair.

Woman: Y/N L/N.

"How do you-?"

Woman: I read your file. It is sad what happened to you.

"It's fine. That was two years ago. What's your name by the way?"

Woman: Natasha Romanoff.

"Nice to meet you, Natasha."

We then see another Quinjet land and me and her walk over to see Steve Rogers or Captain America and Phil Coulson.

Coulson: Agent Romanoff, Red Hood, Captain Rogers.

Steve: Ma'am. Sir.

Natasha: Hi. They need you on the bridge. They starting to face-trace.

Coulson: See you there.

Coulson leaves as me, Natasha and Steve get to know each other.

"Nice to finally meet you in person captain."

Steve: You are?

"Red Hood but you can call me, Y/N."

Steve: Nice to meet Y/N.

Nathasha: It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. Thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?

Steve: Trading cards?

"He collects trading cards? Never thought anyone would be doing that ever again."

Natasha: They're vintage. He's very proud.

"That makes sense."

We then see Banner who is bumping into people while he observes the ship.

Steve: Doctor Banner.

Banner: Oh, yeah, hi. They told me you'd becoming.

Steve: Word is you can find the Cube.

Banner: Is that the only word on me?

Steve: Only word I care about.

Banner: Must be strange for you, all of this.

Steve: Well, this is actually kind of familiar.

Natasha: Gentlemen, you might wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe.

"Wait, what do you mean by-"

PA: Flight Mode. Secure the deck.

" 'Flight mode'? What does that-"

Before I could finish there's a loud whirring and clunking sound. Me, Steve, and Bruce make our way to the edge of the ship.

Steve: Is this a submarine?

Banner: Really, they want me in a submerged pressurized metal container?

"Why would a submarine fly?"

We then see propellers begin to spin and it gets lifted out of the water. This was not a ship... It a helicarrier. It then begins to get lifted into the air.

Banner: Oh no, no, this is much worse.

A Few Minutes Later...

Natasha was leading us to the bridge. We enter it and we stare and observe in awe. It's very busy, with S.H.I.E.L.D. Personnel working at stations, and communicating over earpieces.

Maria: All engines operating. S.H.I.E.L.D. Emergency protocol one nine three point six in effect. We're at level, sir.

Fury: Good! Let's vanish.

Maria: Engage retro reflection panels.

That's when we see the underside of the ship appear to become coated with mirrors, so it blends in with the sky.

Male Agent: Reflection panels engaged.

Fury then turns to me, Steve and Banner.

"That is impressive."

Fury: Gentlemen. Doctor, thank you for coming.

Fury and Bruce shake each other's hands.

Banner: Thanks for asking nicely. So, um, how long am I staying?

Fury: Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind.

Banner: Well, where are you with that?

Coulson: We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops, if it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us.

Natasha: It's still not gonna find them in time.

Banner: You have to narrow your field. How many Spectrometers do you have access to?

Fury: How many are there

Banner: Call every lab you know. Tell them to put the Spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for Gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?

Fury: Agent Romanoff, would you show Doctor Banner to his laboratory, please?

Natasha walks over to Banner, and they begin walking out of the bridge area to get Bruce to a lab.

Natasha: You're gonna love it, Doc. We got all the toys.

I was sitting down on a chair as Steve and Coulson talk. After a minute one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents alerted us.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent: We got a hit. Sixty seven percent match. Wait- crossmatch, seventy nine percent.

Coulson: Location?

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent: Stuttgart, Germany. Twenty-eight, Königstraße. He's not exactly hiding.

Fury then turns to me and Steve.

Fury: Captain, Red Hood, you two are up.