Chapter 69 So This Is Christmas?

Kingpin was walking with his crane as he saw Eleanor.

Kingpin: Ms. Bishop.

Eleanor: Mister Fisk.

Kingpin: What can I help you with, Eleanor?

Eleanor: We've had a good relationship, haven't we, Wilson?

Kingpin: Yes.

Eleanor: I've never asked questions, I've always done what was told.

Kingpin: What I'd expect when there's a debt, and your husband owed a small fortune.

Eleanor: Which I have repaid tenfold by now.

Kingpin: All the while doing pretty well for yourself. Like you said, it's been a good relationship, which is why I'm a little confused where you're headed with this.

Eleanor: I handled Armand like you asked. My fiancé is taking the fall for Sloan. But my daughter and her friend, my daughter is home now, and they are getting too close. And that's where I draw the line.

Kingpin: There are no lines in this business.

Eleanor: And that is why I have to leave this business.

Kingpin: Eleanor don't be rash.

Eleanor: I want you to know that I have been keeping an insurance policy.

Kingpin: Eleanor...

Eleanor: Copies of everything, in a safe place.

Kingpin: In the spirit of the holidays, I'm gonna give you a minute to think about what you're starting right now.

Eleanor: I don't need a minute.

Eleanor gets up and walks away. Meanwhile, Clint, Jason, Y/N, and Kate watched the video.

Clint: Who sent this?

Jason: Yelena.

Kate: Apparently my mom is the one who hired her to kill you both.

Clint: Oh, wow.

Kate: It doesn't make any sense. My mom doesn't even, she doesn't even jaywalk. And now she's working with the mob? She killed Armand? My God, I need to talk to her.

She calls her mom.

Clint: Kate, wait. You gotta calm down, okay? Let's talk this out.

Eleanor (Voicemail): Hi, this is Eleanor. I can't answer the phone right now...

Clint: Just take a breath, okay? But your mom needs our help. That video, Kate, it's not good.

Y/N: The Kingpin will not take this lightly. He is going to react, and he's gonna do it in a big way.

Kate: Clint, Y/N, this is my mess to clean up. You should go home, you should be with your family. You can still make it in time for Christmas.

Clint: Kate, you and Jason are our partners. Your mess is our mess. I'm not going anywhere until this is finished.

Echo then reunites with Kingpin.

Kingpin: Here she is. I've seen you at the end of some tough matches, but this? Do you want to tell me what's been going on? I always taught you to keep a low profile.

Kazi: I'm sorry. I got carried away. You know what my father meant to me.

Kingpin: To all of us.

Kazi: I've come to my senses. I need to focus on the job. Stop chasing ghosts.