SWEET MELODY.

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓
SWEET MELODY
"I think of you every
time I write a love song."
┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

"┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

LOADING. . .

NOW PLAYING: "BROWN EYED GIRL" by VAN MORRISON

0:14—|———————— 3:03

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

VOLUME: ■■■■■□□□

❝Sometimes you don't remember
when a person came into the story.
For some people, they were just ... always there.
And that was Rory.❞
— EDDIE ROUNDTREE

AURORA MARQUEZ STILL REMEMBERS the last thing her abuelo told her before he died.

"Your passion keeps you alive. Don't lose that, chiquita. Chase your dreams even if they take you over the horizon line."

From the time she was born, Rory was always listening to music. Whether it was Abuelo and her tíos playing their tiples and tamboras or records drifting notes through their house, she was surrounded by rhythm and sound. He began her music lessons when she was three. Instilled the same deep love of music that he had into his granddaughter, noticing the way she was always enraptured by music even as a baby. Let her bang wooden spoons on pots and pans while he strummed and filled her heart with his gravelly voice.

When he died, Rory resolved never to let that piece of her fade along with him. So she picked up a pencil and a piece of paper and wrote her first song.

Never did she imagine that she would move from Colombia to the United States. She didn't expect that a boy she sat in front of in History class, Graham Dunne, would want to form a rock band. Nor did she ever think he would enlist her help for songwriting techniques (she guessed she wasn't as discreet about her passion as she thought, or maybe Graham just needs to stop snooping through her things).

And she had no idea that garage band would evolve into one of the most famous rock 'n' roll groups in the world.

In 1997, the members of Daisy Jones and The Six sit down for a tell-all interview — the first time they've ever spoken of the band since their catastrophic and abrupt end in the late 1970s. Others close to the group are invited to share their parts of the story as well.

Past and present coalesce when Aurora recounts Graham Dunne asking her for help and the butterfly effect it spawned. As she and the other members tell the story, more truths are revealed than what each person knew at the time. Like why did Billy shove Eddie away from Rory like that when he found them in the garage? Were there really two years during which she and Graham didn't speak? And when, above all, did Warren and Aurora fall in love?