[ track 17 ] i will survive

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓
chapter seventeen
" Oh no, not I, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love,
I know I'll stay alive. "
┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

NOW PLAYING: "I WILL SURVIVE" by GLORIA GAYNOR (1978)

___________

KAREN IS RORY'S lifesaver for many reasons. She had created more of a gender balance in the male-dominated house that Camila and Rory were in. She had helped Rory look like a rockstar during the Austin show. While struggling to process what Sticks had done to her, Karen and Camila had provided silent yet unwavering support as Rory had crumbled in their arms. She's Rory's rock.

And she has attractive musician friends.

Karen nearly spits out her drink when Rory comes to her and asks if she has any friends she could set Rory up with. It's the day after the Festival of Life. Still stung by Warren's excitement over the girl flashing him, she had decided on the plane back to California that she should probably start moving on from her unrequited feelings.

But Karen's initial shock over the out-of-the-blue request doesn't last long. She's already deep in thought, mentally rifling through the people she knows and weighing the pros and cons of each of them. Rory catches some of the things she mumbles under her breath. "Harrison... no, too much of a hippie. Peter? I think he's got a girlfriend now..."

She snaps her fingers as the idea hits her. "I've got it." Then, without bothering to explain, she gets to her feet and snatches the rotary phone from the receiver, quickly dialing a number.

"What?" Rory asks. She turns around in her chair. "Who are you calling?" Her question goes unanswered. "Hellooooo?"

Karen merely gives her a mischievous smirk as she holds the phone to her ear. Then she brightens when the person on the other hand answers. "Hi, Tommy, it's Karen. Sirko, yeah. Listen, I'm asking for a friend... are you single? Yeah? Perfect. I've got this amazing friend..."