[ track 08 ] you are the sunshine of my life

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓
chapter eight
" You are the sunshine of my life
That's why I'll always be around
You are the apple of my eye
Forever, you'll stay in my heart. "
┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

NOW PLAYING: "YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE" by STEVIE WONDER (1973)

________

THANKS TO TEDDY Price not being bitter over the pears incident, The Six is now on its way to getting a record deal. But that doesn't mean that there aren't pros and cons to this.

The pros: They aren't limited to McNasty's anymore. Now, the band is playing at more well-known, popular rock clubs and bars on The Strip with Teddy present most nights to lend advice. They actually have a bit more money from tips and Eddie no longer worries about eating pocket toast. They're still pinching pennies, but not as much as they were before.

The major con: Everyone is exhausted and close to burning out. Playing so many shows and being pushed to perform better and better has put a strain on The Six, while, having recently turned eighteen, Rory is putting more hours in at the grocery store than she ever has. She has started developing migraines from being under dull, flickering, fluorescent lights for so long. Her throbbing muscles ache after every shift.

So, as to not lose their sanity, everyone decides to take a day off and make the forty-minute drive to Santa Monica in 1973. Does the station wagon break down on the side of the road halfway there? Maybe. But it only takes fifteen minutes for the guys to fix it (for the time being) and they're back on their way.

The mid-spring weather leaves the day dry and mostly sunny, peppering the azure sky with fluffy clouds. Rory inhales the scent of saltwater as soon as she steps out of the van. Eddie, Warren, and Graham immediately take off sprinting toward the water, kicking up sand in their wake, leaving the girls and Billy to pick a spot to put all of their stuff.