[ track 09 ] good times bad times

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓
chapter nine
" Good times,
bad times,
you know I've
had my share. "
┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

NOW PLAYING: "GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES" by LED ZEPPELIN (1969)

+ content warning: Racism

________

DEENAH DAY, biographer, Hidden Strings: The People Who Made 'Daisy Jones & The Six' Possible: The thing about Aurora's story is that she is with the band first and then has bits of her own adventure. She was with The Six at practically every waking moment while they were still getting their feet underneath them. But ironically, once they got their record deal, her branch of the story was just beginning.

∴━━━ ✿ ━━━∴

RORY IS WORKING another closing shift at the store when she gets the news. Or, more like the news comes screaming and barreling into her.

She slides boxes of noodles onto a shelf, caught in a daze as she repeats the robotic movements, only to be interrupted by the sound of several pairs of shoes thundering all over the linoleum tile in the small store.

"WHERE IS SHE?" cries a familiar voice among the pounding footsteps.

Rory looks up just in time to see Warren appear at the end of the aisle. As soon as he sees her, he calls out, "Aisle 15!" and begins sprinting toward her, exclaiming, "We're making an album!"

"What?" Rory asks. Her jaw drops open in excitement, about to ask for more details, but he prevents her from doing so by enveloping her in a hug that sweeps her off her feet. He spins her around, her laughter filling the aisle while she clutches onto him. "Oh my God! When? How?"

"Next week!" Warren replies, setting her back down after several twirls. "Teddy said the studio's ready."

Karen, Graham, and Eddie turn down the aisle as well and almost crash into each other from their momentum. Then they're running toward her too, and they jump up and down together, throw their arms around each other, and don't care that people are giving them strange looks.