[ track 14 ] oye como va

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓
chapter fourteen
"Oye cómo va
Mi ritmo
Bueno pa' gozar
(Listen to how
My rhythm goes
It's good for enjoying) "
┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

┏━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┓chapter fourteen"Oye cómo vaMi ritmoBueno pa' gozar(Listen to howMy rhythm goesIt's good for enjoying) "┗━━━━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━━━━┛

NOW PLAYING: "OYE COMO VA" by SANTANA (1970)

___________

INTERVIEWER: Do you remember the first time you heard of Daisy Jones?

RORY: Not really, to be honest. I was working with a huge variety of artists and making other connections in the music industry, so I heard of singers or bands coming and going all the time. I didn't hear about Daisy when she made her first album...

But I do remember when Billy asked me about her.

∴━━━ ✿ ━━━∴

BILLY APPROACHES RORY one day at Sunset Studios, nearly scaring the life out of her during her meeting with Anita Martín. Both women release exclamations of fright in their native tongues when he bursts into the room without knocking.

"Billy?" Rory asks, her face scrunching in confusion at the sight of him. She can't even form proper words— she and Anita have been speaking in Spanish for the past three hours, and it's a rough transition for her brain to spring into English on such short notice. "What are you... what...?"

"¿Quien es ese?" Anita questions. "¿Lo conoces?"

"Sí, él es mi amigo," Rory replies. Her inquisitive stare is still locked on said friend, noting how his eyes are wide and filled with outrage, while she waits for him to talk.

The Six's contract had been terminated months ago, well before Billy had returned from rehab. There is no reason for him to be here. And even less of a reason for him to barge in on her sessions with clients like he has any sort of influence in this place. The turn of the new year means that her first anniversary of signing her contract is around the corner. Right now, Rory has more of a say here than he does.