Chapter 5: Midnight encounters

Ansiels POV
I wake up in the middle of the night, not in my room but Leroy's, hm I wonder what I could be doing here, I can't remember how I got here or why I'm here at all, I get out of his bed and walk to the kitchen area that was completely empty, when I finally get there I heard a strange noise, it sounded almost like someone or something was screaming, though I can't tell what it was, "Hello?" I ask not to the phone, but to the world around me, "Is there anyone there?" Silence fills the room once more, maybe it was my imagination, I try to think about what I had originally came in here for, but I can't remember, I take a seat at the table in the middle of the room, when I hear the noise again, "Show yourself," I say defensively, "I may seem weak but I'll assure you that I'm not." It makes the strange sound again but this time closer to me, the sound is so strange I can't even describe it, that's when I see it, the entity that was making the noise, another ghost, but this time a female instead of a male, "Hello? Are you alright?" I ask wondering if she will respond.

"You...You c-can see me? I didn't know that humans had that ability.." She speaks, "My name is Azura, I'm the one who keeps everyone safe, and everything under control, who are you?"

"I'm Ansiel, the old gatekeeper of the non-human realm above," I say, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here because... Actually, I don't know why I'm here." Suddenly, there was another loud noise in the kitchen, "Oh- Right, that's what I had came here for... You see one of the pets from the underworld had escaped and..."

Before she could finish her sentence the pet had tackled me and started biting me.

"GET YOUR PET.. IT'S BITING ME," I scream, she picks the pet up and sets it down next to me, putting its leash on and giving it a snack, "Whatever that pet is, its aggressive you need to train it."

"He typically doesn't bite.. I wonder why he did that to you.."

"Ansiel.. Why are you awake at this hour? And who are you talking to?"

I look around, that voice I recognized it, "Leroy is that you?" I asked, "If so can you do me a favor and turn on the lights." I motion for Azura to take her pet and leave quickly, before the lights were turned on by Leroy they were gone.

"Get back to bed." Leroy spoke, "It's 1 in the morning."

"Sorry.." I say, walking back to the room I was sleeping in, once I get there I lay on the bed and I fall asleep.