DESERVING A COOKIE

Chapter Seven

I changed my dress into a bigger and heavier dress.

I really do hate these dresses, I didn't mind them before. But wearing them 24/7, exhausting.

Amina came back in, "the Duke is going to go see the emperor" Amina said "oh, do you know why?" I asked, she shook her head "but, rumors have it, it'll be for you."

For me??

"Ah... and they didn't say specifically what?" Amina shook her head once again, I sighed "these good for nothing maids" "Amina, can you find a light dress for me? This dress is too heavy to carry the rest of the day, I'm too exhausted after everything" "yes, my lady" Amina went into my closet.

"My lady, may you come here" I got up from my single couch, my head throbbed, "my lady? My lady?" Amina walked out from the walk in closet, she gasped.

"My lady!" I've fainted. Amina ran out, she saw the Crown Prince. "Ah, Amina, have you seen Lady Helena, she dropped her brac—" Amina cut him off. "Lady Helena fainted!" They ran to my room, I was on my knees.

"My lady!" Amina ran to me and fell on her knees, I looked at Amina, "my lady?" I was shaking.

"Who are you?"

Amina and Raphael flinched, I snapped out of it, "A-Amina, what happened?" Amina pushed it to the side and helped me up. "Please go call a doctor, your highness" I barley noticed Raphael was there and he what he was told so.

I lied there in bed while a doctor was checking me.

"Well, you don't have a deadly illness or anything, but a fever, maybe after the incident. You were found in a pond while it was freezing, Lady Helena" the doctor explained.

"If that's all, excuse me" he packed his things and left my bedroom, "oh, my lady. Why did you not tell me?" Amina asked worriedly "Amina, even I, myself didn't know I was having a fever" I replied, Amina sighed.

"I shall go brew some tea then" Amina left the room, I looked at Raphael "what're you doing here? I expected you to be in the meeting with my father and the emperor" I said, Raphael dropped my bracelet on my bed sheet.

"I don't want any drama. Don't try leaving your things there so people can misunderstand" I scoffed "get out, you're going to make my fever worse" I turned around to look away from him.

I looked over at him, "your highness," I sat up struggling but managed, "I want you to know, I'm over you, you can love whoever you want" I looked at him with a serious look.

"I'm not the obsessive, spoiled girl. I've learned now, my mistakes won't be erased and shouldn't be excused. But I am sorry" Raphael's stood there, I couldn't read him, Raphael gave me one last glare before leaving my room.

I sighed and lied down and fell to sleep.

I woke up.

"My lady, you've finally woke up" she checked my fever "and your fever is gone!" Amina smiled "uhh, how long have I been sleeping" I rubbed my head. "A week!" I flinched, and looked at her.

How many chapters have I missed!?

"A week!? Why didn't you wake me up, Amina!?" I asked "well, I did try, and other maids, and so has your family. But you didn't wake up, we even called the doctor múltiples times. All he said was you're resting and nothing is wrong."

Oh god!

I got out of bed immediately, "help me get dress!" Amina quickly helped me and I rapidly went straight to father's office.